Chapter Four

It's not like nabother ako sa sinabi ni Alea or something, I was just cautious. I kept my distance kay Gavin since then. I hang out with the girls so I won't have to run into him a lot.

I'm not bothered, I'm just... cautious. Ewan.

Was I discouraged? I don't think so. I don't know.

The trip was cut short so we had to go back in the evening ng Monday. I skipped a quizlet, but I can catch up with that pero I don't know about Carlene. She'll be freaking out if I tell her about Alea. They never got along that well. She hates her to the bone. But I knew for sure that she'll be bugging me about the details.

I just told her what happened. Pagkababa pa lang sa van, nagwave lang ako kay Sandra, konting eye contact with the gang– including Gavin, yes– hinila na agad ako ni Carlene papasok to ask kung naging close na ba kami ni Gavin.

"It was fun." I said and started to fill her in with what happened. She was so jealous kaya natatawa ako habang nagku-kwento. Ang taas kasi ng pride, if it wasn't for Alea daw hindi naman talga siya mags-skip.

"What about Ivan?" She said. I rolled my eyes. Of course it cannot be helped. So I told her about what happened from the beginning until the end. I skipped the part of Alea. She hates hearing her name.

"So ayun lang 'yon?" She asked.

"What?"

"Ang konti naman ng interaction niyo!" She said at pabiglang umupo sa kama. "Aside from the pool scene, wala na?"

"Yes?" I replied.

"Boring!" She yelled.

Nilabas ko na ang card ni kuya at ibabalik na sana but she talked again.

"Umalis si kuya, may date." Napataas ang kilay ko. Date? "I know right?"

"What card is he gonna use?" Sabi ko. As far as I know isa na lang ang card niya na open. May cash ba siya with him? I'm nervous, he'll be dating someone again.

"Mine."

"You have one?"

"Hindi naman ako sobrang hirap, mars!" She said and laid down.

"How is he?"

"He's doing fine, don't worry. Alalahanin mo love life mo."

"What about you?"

She was caught off guard at hindi agad nakasagot. I'm pretty sure she's having trouble with her brother again.

"Hinayaan ako ni mama dito muna magstay." She said. "Dito na nga lang daw ako tumira e."

"Do you want to?" I asked. Tutal naman nandito na siya, almost all of her things are here. Pinayagan na siya ng mama niya, I think it's better na dito na lang siya.

"He'll come for me." She smiled sadly. Right.

"We won't let him bother you. Stay here na lang." I pat her back at hinayaan na siyang matulog. I slept din muna, ang haba ng biyahe nakakapagod sobra.

Kinabukasan, after ng last class ko dumiretso na ako sa University ni Carlene para ayain siyang kumain with Sandra. I texted Sanady na magkita kami after class nila, she readily agreed. That was a lot easier than I expected.

Nagstop over muna ako sa McDonald's to get some ice cream while waiting for the time, hindi muna ako kumain kahit nagugutom na ako sobra. Sa eat all you can na lang kami para madami akong makain.

I texted Carlene to ask kung anong oras last class niya, 2:30 raw. May dalawang oras pa ako to spend alone, wala naman mall dito kaya hindi ako makakapag-arcade.