Chapter 2 (Revised)

I was laying on the ground as I slowly began to regain consciousness. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to process what happened. I was surprised I survived this incident. After a few seconds, I regained my focus, and I noticed that not only was I outside, but I wasn't in the city, in my home. I was laying in the middle of green grass, tall trees, benches, flowers, and a waterfountain. I was in a park. This park seemed oddly familiar, but I was almost sure I've never went there before. As I stood up, all horrible thoughts came to my mind. What if I was kidnapped? What if I couldn't go back home? I started shaking and breathing heavily. 

The last thing I remembered was being in my room. I spotted an empty bench nearby, so I walked over to it and sat down to recollect my thoughts and figure out what happened. I realized that the only difference between this Saturday and the rest of the Saturdays was the dreadful weather and the fearful lightning. But how could lightning teleport you to a whole different place? It was so dark that I couldn't even see what was in front of me. 

I decided to wait till the morning to figure out where I was, and slept peacefully on the cold bench. A couple of hours later, I woke up to the sun rising. The beautiful pastel colors in the sky were like a heavenly masterpiece. I rubbed my eyes a couple times and pinched myself so I made sure that what happened yesterday wasn't a dream, and unfortunately it wasn't. I realized that some people have arrived to the park and were reading newspapers or feeding pigeons. I didn't want to attract unwanted attention, so I got up and left right away. 

I walked on the sidewalks, confused yet amazed at this beautifully designed area. The first thing I glanced to at my left was the Eiffel Tower. I stood there in shock. I must be hallucinating, I'm sure I got hit on my head too hard - I thought to myself. How on Earth could I be on the other side of the planet overnight? I strolled around to see if I was really there, if I was really in Paris. While walking down a street, I saw my reflection in a shopfront and froze in my spot. I felt my body trembling like an autumn leaf being carried away by the cool breeze. 

I stared at myself in surprise. My arms, my hands, my legs, everything was smaller and shorter. I was really stumped and confused and had no idea what to do or how to act. Was that what it looked like, being a cartoon character? So many questions flooded my mind, but I knew no one would be able to answer them. I continued my pathway and noticed a pink bakery. A flashback of the bakery in Miraculous Ladybug came through my mind. 

The bakery that Marinette lived and worked in. I started fanboying while slowly entering this fascinating shop, but the people inside threw weird looks towards me, therefore I quickly recomposed myself. I sniffed the air and recognized immediately the exquisite smell of freshly baked macaroons. My stomach growled, and I instantly remembered that I haven't eaten yet. I drooled as I gazed at the colorful baked goods and lent my hand in my pocket to get money buy some. 

But of course, I forgot that I hadn't gotten any money with me in this unexpected adventure. I felt dizzy from the lack of energy in my body. Suddenly, I heard a soothing voice giggle through the stairs of the bakery. It sounded very... known. That's because the person going down those stairs was the one and only Marinette Dupain-Cheng from my favorite show, Miraculous Ladybug. I couldn't believe my eyes. This must be heaven.