Chapter 2

(I believe I have already made this apparent but from now on, all of my stories are to be written in 3rd person as 1st person is increasingly difficult for me to write. Without further ado, I present to you, the second chapter of TLATP!)

"Tokage!"

Setsuna turned toward the familiar voice. It belonged to Itsuka Kendo, one of her classmates in 1-B as well as the occupant of the room next to Setsuna's, who was pacing towards the girl, waving at her. Setsuna returned the gesture as Itsuka grabbed her hand and pulled her along as she proceeded to the end of the hall and down the flight of stairs connecting the different floors of the dorm building.

"You're acting strange right now, Kendo. What happened?"

Setsuna asked as their footsteps echoed through the stairwell. Itsuka didn't care to stop and spoke with an exhausted pant.

"Kan-sensei wanted to announce something important to the class. He wanted me to gather everyone in the common room."

They reached the common room, where the rest of 1-B was gathered. They spoke amongst each other, only resulting in whispers too quiet to eavesdrop on. Just then, Kan-sensei (or Vlad King) came in through the front door.

"Hello, class. There have been new arrivals at U.A. as part of a special program. Some of these transfer students will take classes with us and may even live together in the same dorms or bunk with some of you. Setsuna, Awase, you two will be sharing your rooms with the new arrivals."

Awase and Setsuna both nodded at Kan-sensei, who nodded back at both of them. Setsuna was rather confused about the whole idea. What did he mean by new arrivals? She rubbed her chin and thought for a moment about what he meant. While she pondered about Vlad King's words, she noticed a crude yet clearly visible shadow moved around the ceiling of the common room. Her classmates immediately noticed after, quite alarmed about the shadow. Was it a villain attacking? Setsuna looked over at Kan-sensei, who didn't seem even slightly fazed about the situation.

"No worries, class. This is just one of the transfer students I was talking about."

The shadow moved around the room until it resided in a spot beside Vlad King. Soon, a figure started to emerge from the darkness. First, their black unkempt hair. Then their crimson eyes. Finally, the rest of their body. The figure appeared to be that of a boy no older than Setsuna. However, he looked like he hadn't slept in days and he wasn't dressed properly, wearing a hoodie and shorts instead of his uniform. Even stranger, both of his eyes had black sclera around his pupils instead of the usual white.

"He looks like that guy from Tokyo Ghoul-" Setsuna remarked in her head. The boy glanced at Vlad King.

"Hey, Vlad. I'm not late to this orientation, am I?"The boy questioned. Setsuna felt a laidback, almost chill tone about the boy as Vlad King responded:

"No. In fact, you are right on time." Vlad King turned towards the class "Everyone, this is Asui Fumihiro-san, one of the two transfer students from the special program."

A few classmates expressed doubt, Monoma being the one to express the most, stating "Won't our class get too big if we had two more transfer students? Besides, orientation is over. Why are we accepting two more people in-"

Itsuka smacked his head with a quick chop "I'm sure Monoma didn't mean anything immoral. However, I, as well as the rest of the class, would like to know what led to this decision."

Vlad King paused briefly "I would, but that will be something I shall tell you all tomorrow in class. On another note, Asui-san, where is the other transfer student?" Fumihiro stared at Vlad King, raising an eyebrow.