Chapter 11: I'm Sorry

"Where's Fred?" I asked George as we walked out of the room, acting as if nothing happened. We didn't want people to know about that, except for whoever saw us already. "I don't know. You should probably go look for him, he won't wanna see me."
"How do you know that?"
"Twin telepathy." He shrugged. I chuckled as I rushed out of the room. I ran down corridors and looked in empty classrooms. I couldn't find him anywhere.

"FRED! FRED WHERE ARE YOU?!
FRE-ed!" I fell to the ground sobbing. "Mad-Maddy?" Someone wrapped their arms around me. I felt warm and safe in their arms. The smell of cinnamon overwhelmed me. It was- "Freddie. You scared me."
"I'm sorry. I just- I saw you and George and it really made me feel the love I have for you."
"Lo-Love?" I was utterly shocked. "If I'm being honest, it didn't feel right with George. Because you stole my heart back in first year, and George was the closest thing I could get to you. I never thought you'd feel the same, so I always gave up on trying to tell you."
"It absolutely broke me when you told me what Lee said, and I hated him for it. I was sure George had told Lee about the crush I always denied, so I was shattered when I found out."
"Aw, Freddie Bear." Fred blushed deep red at the new name. And before I could stop myself, our lips were crashed together. Fred smiled reassuringly when we pulled apart, then said, "Wait. Didn't you kiss my twin brother like an hour ago?"
"Oh my Merlin I forgot! I'll have to wipe his memory of it, I'd rather not explain it. And we all know I'm a pro at memory washing."
"Yes you are." Fred said, lifting me up on his back. It was a better kiss with Fred than with George. It made me feel more alive in the moment.

"Georgie! I found him!" I exclaimed, hopping off Fred's back. "That's a great start to it." Fred muttered sarcastically into my ear. "Yes it is. It'll make him think I'm trying to get him alone again when I take him to wipe the memory."
"I guess your right." Fred chuckled, and I winked at him as I walked over to George. I pulled him by the wrist to the room we were in earlier. "Oh so you wanted to come back for more I-"
"Shush." I pointed my wand at him. I said the simple spell to get rid of the memory, and he immediately asked me, "Madz, what are we doing?"
"I don't know. I think Fred pushed us in here, but I couldn't see who it was." I shrugged it off.
"Oh. Okay." He replied, seeming a little unsure, but he didn't speak again as we walked back to the party. There was music blaring and people eating snacks and drinking punch.

"Fixed up?" Fred asked as I walked back over to him.
"What's fixed?" I asked sarcastically. He laughed and we went over to a table to sit. Once Fred had sat down I sat down on his lap, and George came over with some punch and food. "Um, Georgie, there's only two drinks. There's three of us." Fred said.
"Oh really? I didn't notice." George said sarcastically.
"Maddy, you can have mine." Fred said, handing me the drink.
"We can share. Sharing is caring after all." I said and he laughed. We ate popcorn and ice cream through the night, until I looked at Fred's watch to see that it was twelve a.m. Wait- TWELVE A.M! "Guys, we better shut this down. It's two hours past curfew." I said urgently.
"Blimey it is!" Fred exclaimed, looking at his watch.
I walked back up onto the stage and magnified my voice and called over the noise as George turned off the music. "We all need to head back to our dorms! Leave in pairs of people in your house and stay quiet! It's two hours past curfew!"
Everyone started rushing around frantically to find someone to walk down with. "George you can go back to the commons, Fred and I will watch everyone leave."
"Really? Thanks Madz!" George ruffled up my hair and rushed up to Alicia.
"I say we have a sleepover tonight." I said to Fred, who had wrapped his arm over my shoulder as we watched everyone leave.
"I'm just fine with that." He replied, and gave me a quick kiss and we walked out behind everyone. We managed to sneak up to Gryffindor tower without being caught, and we sat in the common room for a minute, on the couch. Fred sat down and I sat on his lap, but this time I faced him. I tangled one hand in his hair, while the other one wrapped around his neck. He smiled and leaned up to me. We kissed for a while before we heard someone walk down the steps, and we pulled apart to see George staring at us in disbelief. "This not the way I thought I'd find out you two have been snogging. Why wasn't I consulted?" He aimed his question at Fred. But he was too late. Fred had already lifted me so that my legs were around his waist and rushed me up to his bed, where we giggled and cuddled until we fell asleep.