Prologue

No one's POV

The Realm of Darkness. A cursed and corrupt void of nothingness. In this realm no light can be seen. Floating rocks and fumes of Darkness dotted this hollow landscape.

On one of these very rocks was a shadow. Small and frail with yellow glowing eyes.

It looked below to sea the sea of shadows traveling aimlessly. With effort it leaped across the rocks until it reached the surface. With curiosity it saw a darkside. Towering over all as it marched across the sea of shadows.

Much the then it was aimless. No motivation, no desire, no instinct. The shadow roam across the cliffside and into a path. The empty sky showed it nothing. The shadow wishes to remember but it cannot.

But then a pull. Within its mind a desire to chase was given. With haste the shadow ran. With endless vigor it ran. It sensed something in the distance on the iconic shores of darkness.

The endless moon began to shine on the horizon. With the sands and rocks revealing themselves. As the shadow stepped onto the sand it found its prey.

Buried in the ground it began to dig. As the specks were pushed aside it was revealed. A heart.

Dim and lightless it sat there motionless. The shadow looked upon it with curiosity hoping to consume what ever light was left. But there was none.

The shadow calmed down the heart was just an empty vessel now. The shadow turned away preparing to leave. Then it stopped, it turned back to the heart with a gaze.

It went back and picked up the heart. With it in its hands the shadow looked upon it once more. For an unknown reason it was drawn to the heart still.

The light of the moon shines upon the shadow and the heart. Now the gaze of the shadow was set upon the moon. Tranced by the beauty of the moon the shadow's eyes looked in awe of its majesty.

It was surreal. It sat on the beach still hugging the dim heart. The shadow then realized something. It felt an emotion. Like no other heartless before it. It looked upon the heart and hugged it once more. The heart was familiar somehow.

As the shadow hugged the heart it slowly began to close its eyes. Until it finally fell asleep laying on one of the rocks. Touched by a single emotion the shadow wanted to hug the heart for helping it feel something. As this the heart began to glow a simmer yet only faintly.

Seconds turned to minutes as the heart and shadow layer still together

Seconds turned to minutes as the heart and shadow layer still together. The gentle waves of the dark ocean occupies the sounds of nothing. As the shadow awoke after sometime it looked upon the heart dim and lightless.

The shadow wanted to help somehow. It felt as if it needed to help. As it's goal was finally set a flash of light shines behind it. It turned around to find a door. Bright and vibrant. The shadow was nervous but the heart glowed only slightly again.

The shadow made the connection that this door was to another world. Maybe it can find the light to restore the heart! The shadow with the heart in its embrace opened the door. With the two of them they traveled through the door and into the world before them.

The realm of darkness was behind them now. For these two have begun a journey. One filled with excitement and wonder, along with danger and strife.

But the shadow felt safe as long as it was with the heart. As they traveled through the corridor the shadow hugged the heart once more and stared into the tunnel of light. It's eyes dazzling with awe as it finally saw the light for the first time.

(I know it's a different and unannounced story but I wanted to try a franchise form my childhood. To be completely honest I got the idea from a google image.)