Chapter 7

...

As the two layed there. Shikadai drifted off to sleep. Inojin watched him as his eyelashes slowly shut closed, with small snores escaping his mouth.

Inojin layed him down on the hospital bed carefully; not wanting to hurt him.
He looked at him one last time before giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek.

Inojin leaves the room closing the door quietly, not watching where he was going bumping into to Sakura.

"Sorry Sakura-san!" He said bowing to a giggling Sakura "hehe.. it's alright Inojin! How is Shikadai?" She asked "He's sleep at the moment." "Ahh okay, I'll vist him another time then." She said making a mental note in her head to do so.

"Well bye Sakura! I'll be on my way now!" Inojin says dashing off to the stairs waving goodbye. She gave him a soft smile with a small wave, before going off in another direction leaving him be.

...

Outside the sky was getting dark, as the sun was setting. Pink clouds forming, blocking the bright sun rays, with leaves falling from trees. There stood at the perfect scenery was Himawari. Waiting for Inojin by the hospital doors.

Inojin dashed through the doors. Turning around noticing Himawari behind him. He hunched down to take a quick breath after running down many stairs, once his breath regained he stood up waiting for her to say something.

"So, Inojin. I um.. I--like you.." She said with a flushed face. Almost like the same expression her Mother would make when embarrassed.

Inojin looked at her with a glare full of pity. He'd feel bad to have to let her down, but his heart already belonged to another.

He sighed putting a hand on her shoulder. "Sorry Hima, but I see you as a friend, and nothing more than that." He said giving her a short hug to comfort her as tears started forming.

She held onto him sobbing in his arms. "B-but why? Inojin please! Just tell me why you don't like me!" She begged him. "I like someone else. That's all Himawari." "Who?!" She yelled "I'm sorry Hima, but I can't tell you that." He whispered.

Himawari continued to cry her heart out after her failed confession. Her hands were held on tightly to Inojin's shirt. Not wanting to let him go. He slowly started to pet her head and tell her comforting words and that he's sorry.

...

Shikadai rubbed his eyes as he began to wake up, with many yawns escaping his mouth.

He sat up in his bed laying there with his hand on his cheek, with a flushed face. When Inojin had kissed him, he wasn't fully asleep yet, and had felt it. Wishing that moment would last forever.

He smiled to himself. He felt happy. Something he hadn't felt in while.

But that moment without sorrow was soon cut short, as Sakura had entered the room with his father.

"Hey Shikadai, your father is here to pick you up." Sakura says. "Alright." I give my father a glance, and he looked terrified.

He hadn't seen me in days and was forced to work the whole time, he probably thought I was dead.

Shikamaru walked up to his son embracing him. Tears were running down his eyes that were full of sorrow.

Shikadai hugged him back with small tears forming in his eyes as well. "I missed you" Shikamaru says. "Me too.." Shikadai said with his voice trailing off.

The two Nara's exited the hospital. They were both thinkabout how things would go from there. Would Shikadai make amends with Boruto, or will they stay enemies?

.
.
.
.

🦋

AN:// SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT I JUST WANTED TO GET SOMETHING OUT BC I HAVNT UPDATED IN MONTHS