Chapter Three

-Chapter Three-

Star falls off her chair in sudden shock. She looks back up at the woman with no eyes.

"You.....?"

Terrified she crawls backward against the wall.

The almost translucent chain connected them both and only now she was able to see it.

The pale silvery woman faced toward Star.

" Hello.... I am Naie.... I am glad to finally be able to speak to you Star."

Nolin, still calm and collected, grabbed a cigarette from inside his jacket and lit it.

There Star notices the small potions and bottles stored in a vest like holder underneath his jacket.

He took a deep breath then exhaled the smoke.

"You are a Guardian aren't you ?" he said in a husky voice like tone.

Her broken wings slightly twitched and her focus was no longer on Star.

"Yes..." she replied in a quiet hushed song like voice.

" you are correct..."

She faces Nolin as if she could see clearly across the room.

"Thank you..... For your help with Star..." she says in a low slowly then nods her head toward Nolin.

Star bewildered stares at them confused.

"H-how do you know all this Nolin??" uttered Star.

Nolin breaks eye contact with Naie and looks over to Star.

" I am a Overseer from Xerion, the eighth district. I was transferred here by Messiah to study and preserve the human history then return to my people once the age was done..."

He looks at the Guardian " But by looks of it... The situation of the Order of Worlds is in grave danger..." Nolin said concerned. He looks down at Star.

" I think that she latched on to your soul Ms. Starlette Rose... But I don't know how that is possible ..."

Star looks at Naie.

She recalls her on the day of her accident.

She remembers the sharp pain escalating all over her body. She could see flashing lights and buzzing noises all around.

Doctors talking over each other. And then total darkness....

A pair of red glowing eyes fixated on her and she felt like she was falling and ripping apart.

But then a light arose from the darkness that consumed her.

Blurry images were all she could see around the hospital bed and between the doctors stood a silver woman with wings.

"You are the one that brought me back aren't you."

Naie Looked to the side ashamed like.

"Your soul was half consumed from a shadow.... A shadow created after the hatred of its creator... You were almost gone and so was I...."

She paused.

"I had no choice..."

Naie faced Star troubled.

" It was the only way I could save Sanctorium from Lucifers grasp.... If I died the door to Rizon would be open."

"Rizon?" questioned Star.