𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅɪᴀʟ ᴘᴛ 2

—————————

I sat beside Wanda, comfortably as I spot a man jump into the pool in the back. Beverly got up as I sipped from my lemonade, "The Rotary Club is finishing he stage set-up as we speak." She said excitedly as I nodded then spotted Wanda putting some ice in her lemonade, out from the corner of my eye.

"They've given the gazebo a fresh coat of paint and will be installing the final decorations all through the town square." She said as I saw Wanda stir her drink weirdly, "And if you recognize the antique footlights, it's because they're from my store." She said proudly making me look at her and nodded.

"And the chairs?" Dottie asked curiously, causing Beverly to look at her. "I'm sorry, Dottie. I didn't ask about the chairs." She said smiling as I glanced between them, "So you better not ask me if you can chair any committees in the future." She said before laughing and looking at the other women doing so.

I just tilted my head, what's up with this lady? "The devil's in the details, Bev." Dottie said standing up as Beverly goes to sit down. "That's not the only place he is." Agnes whispers towards us making me chuckle as Wanda waves her off.

"As you all know, the talent show is the sole fundraiser for Westview Elementary." Dottie began as I sighed remembering that Alex couldn't make it. "This might help." I hear Agnes whisper making me sigh.

"In the eight years since I founded our little club, this event has gotten bigger and better every season." I hear faintly as the woman beside me passes me a tray of cookies

"Oh! How far along are you?" She asked me as I placed my hand in my swollen belly as I took the tray with my other hand. "I'm only a couple months along." I said slyly and smiling towards her as she placed her hand on her chest, smiling.

"We only have a few hours until showtime, so a little less cross chatter and a little more focus." She said making a pinching gesture making me roll my eyes at her.

"You can shove it-" I was cut off by a hand on my mouth which it belonged to Wanda as she took the tray from my hand.

"Those little boys and girls are counting on us." She said as I removed Wanda's hand from my mouth as the woman I was talking to snickered into her hand making me do the same. "All of this is for the children." She said softly making me tilt my head at her.

"For the children." They all day simultaneously making me look around at them. "For the children." Wanda and I said smiling towards her as they looked at us making me smile nervously then look at Wanda.