Chapter 10

“Hey Mr. Jamal, can we get the usual?” Kun smiles.

 “Well now I know little Miss Ivelynn, but who are you?” Mr. Jamal smiles. 

“Oh this is Kun” I say.

“I could’ve sworn your friend was a bear, my apologies” Mr. Jamal gets our ice cream. As I was about to pay, I couldn’t find my wallet. I look and see Kun holdin my wallet, while going into his own to pay.

“I could’ve paid” I state, 

“That’s exactly why I took your wallet away”.

We received our ice creams while saying our thank yous.

 "What was your favorite memory of us together?" I asked him as we sat on a bench eating our ice creams. 

"When you practiced kissing on me" he winked. 

"Oh no" I cover my face with my free hand. 

"Great for the first time, but you need a boyfriend seriously because that was sad" he chuckled.

 "I think my favorite memory of us both were the good old pirate days. I totally beat you in one-on-one combat" he laughs.

"In your dreams and I still can't believe you remember me kissing you, it was 2 years ago" I laugh. 

"Maybe we could try it again, I mean I still am just a teddy bear" he smirks. I scoot closer to him and he keeps his eyes on me. I put my free hand on his cheek.

 "Do you want me to?" I ask him and he nods slowly. I went to lean in, but bit his ice cream instead.

 "You thought" I chuckle. 

"You're annoying," he laughs. 

"Only for you" I joke back. We finished our ice cream and I lay my head on him. 

“Let’s go home” I stand tiredly, “carry me” I open my arms for him.

He bends down letting me get on his back with no comment. Kun walked us back home, when we got there he gently let me fall onto my bed, 

“Goodnight Ivy '' he kissed my head. 

I later woke up from a nightmare that was completely frightening. I go to grab my bear, but remember my bear is a person. I go to the living room closest to my room, also the one I sent Kun to sleep in. I open the door seeing his sleeping shape facing the window. I slowly approach him, but soon get startled by him, 

“Nightmare?”. “Yes” I say sadly. Kun turned to face me, 

“How did you know?” I ask him.

“I felt it” is all he answered with, I walked over sitting on the sofa. 

“Aww, you looked for me, didn’t you?” He chuckles.

“Don’t laugh at me Kun” I cross my arms. 

“Don’t pout baby” he pouts looking at me. “Come lay down” he taps for me to lay with him.

I crawl over his legs to the side where I’d be in between him and the sofa. 

"Don't call my baby" I elbow him in the side. I hear him groan then chuckle.He threw an arm over me and sleep began to take over me.

I wake up on the sofa with Kuns arms still around me. I get up then get ready for school, when I come out the bathroom Kun was already ready and dressed. He decided to walk me to school, you know trying to avoid the cemetery mishab. I walked into class and Donatello took a seat next to me.

"Hi" he smiles. 

"Hi" I smile back. We ended up having a project together, he really wasn’t what he used to be. 

After school we were going to walk home together, Kun was seated waiting for me. I walked up to him happily. 

“How was your day?” he asked me. 

“Good, how about yours?” I ask back.

“Great now,” he smiles. “Who’s this?” Donatello asks. 

“Kun” Kun holds his hand out for Donatello to shake. I could see the tension between them making me awfully uncomfortable. 

"Who is he?" Kun asks, looking upset. 

"My project partner, Donatello," I answered.

"Wait, I thought Kun was your bear's name?" Donatello questions.

“Oh he came to life, like Johnny. Johnny has been trying to kill me for no reason and your bear picks you up from school” Donatello says, jealousy laced in his voice. 

“Yeah” I say not knowing what else to say

We all walk to my house together, then sit in the main living room to work on the project.