December 26th

When you pulled into the church's back parking lot, Harry's car was already sitting there. You pulled into a spot two away from his and turned off your dad's old Volkswagen.

It rained the day before, but the snow was still piled around the perimeter of the parking lot and up behind your old primary school which was on the other side of the lot. The two of you were the only ones there, which was expected since it was the middle of the afternoon on Boxing Day.

The door squeaked as you pushed it open and climbed out. You turned around to find Harry leaning against his SUV, hands crossed over his chest, waiting for you.

"Yours or mine?" He asked as he dropped his arms.

"We did yours last year."

"But mine's bigger."

"Whatever." You grumbled, knowing that arguing with him would be useless.

Harry smiled as you turned around and pulled open the car door again. You bent over the middle console in order to get the wrapped present that was nestled on the passenger seat. When you turned back around with the gift, Harry was looking at you and smirking. Knowing he had been staring at your ass, you rolled your eyes and walked towards him.

Somehow, the gift exchange on Boxing Day had become somewhat of a tradition—the secret gift exchange in the parking lot the two of you used to make out in before Harry left to do the whole music thing.

It had started five years ago—and you were the one to start it. For whatever reason, he wouldn't replace the extremely worn Chuck Taylors he seemed to wear every where, no matter the amount of tiny holes they had...even though he had more than enough money to replace them. So you had surprised him with a new pair in that very spot; you had been exchanging gifts ever since.

Harry held the backseat door open for you and you climbed in and slid all the way in to the other side. He climbed in next to you and closed the door before rubbing his hands to rewarm them since he wasn't wearing gloves. You were sat facing him, your right foot on the floor and your left folded under you. Harry sat facing you with his left foot on the floor and his right leg bent on the seat in front of him.

"I wanna go first." He said as he pulled a slightly crumpled envelope from the pocket of his green coat.

You took it and opened it. The card was green, with a picture of a red Christmas jumper on the front, which was adorned with a Christmas tree that said, 'Tis the Season for Silly Jumpers—it was a very Harry card. The inside read: To (Y/N); Love, H with a tiny heart. Underneath that, he taped a picture of an emerald green sofa, just big enough for two people.

You looked up at him with your brow furrowed. "A sofa? Or a picture of a sofa?"

Harry laughed. "A sofa, obviously."

"You did not get me a sofa." You said in disbelief. "You didn't even know I moved—how—why?"

"I wasn't really sure what to get you this year, actually. Well, I did buy you something else but then the other day I learned about the whole "you moved to London and didn't tell me" thing and Gem said you've been there for a few months now but that Isla said you didn't have a sofa—and you always said you would have a green one when you finally got your own place so—" He motioned to the card in your hands. "Green sofa."

You grinned.

"It's mid-century too." He continued. "I hope you still like that kind of thing."

"I do." You tried to stop your smile before it became embarrassingly big. "Thank you, Harry." You leaned forward and kissed his cheek, which caught him by surprise.