Chapter 8

The child whose breathing was even a moment ago starts to wake up. Drowsy, his eyes shots around then settles on a blob of pink. As he began to gain his consciousness, realized the pink blob were locks of pink hair.

When it turned around to use the wet cloth to wipe him, he came face to face with a beautiful woman. He has never seen such hair and eyes in his life.

'Is that even real?'

"Oh so you are up. That's good." She smiled at him.

"Are you the witch?"

"..........."

"Come again. I seem to have misheard you."

Confused the child asked again.

"Are you the witch?"

A vein popped on her temple and she wanted to smacked him on his head.

"Who are you calling a 'witch' you little brat?" The woman was furious but she kept smiling.

Looking at her expression the poor child started sweating bullets. Sakura became upset with the little kid.

Being called a witch wasn't a very pleasant experience.

"You can call me Sakura. Now take this medicine. This will help you heal faster."

He did what he was being told to do without any complaints.

"My... sibling....Where are my siblings?"

Before he would start to panic she pointed towards the corner. He saw a pair of children cuddled together covered with a blanket. He let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you for saving us."

"Good that you are aware now tell me what were to doing in the forest?" She enquired in a stern voice but softening her tone as much as she can.

"About that..." he hesitated for a moment and continued.

"We came here here looking for the witch."

Afraid that she might get angry he explained with haste.

"People in the compound have been talking about it. A witch is residing in the forbidden area and she can heal anyone."

'Wow! it's so scary how rumors can transform into something so strange.'

"So? Who do you want me to heal? For you to have enter this forbidden area risking your life the person must be important to you."

So the child blurted his story out. He wanted to save their mother, their father died in the battle against Senju not long ago. Since then her health has been declining. He told her about the symptoms. She has been loosing weight. Coughing frequently, having chest pain, coughing up blood, tired all the time etc. The child seemed terrified. At the thought of loosing his remaining parent.

When she moved, the the clanking of her shackles woke the other two up. They sat up rubbing their eyes with their tiny fists making them look like small animals. The moment their eyes landed on their brother they rushed to him, enveloped the in a hug. And cried their eyes out. She pitied them and she felt sorry for them but refused them.

"I'm sorry, I'm incapable of helping you even, even if I want to." Since she cannot leave the premises without permission.

They felt devastated.

"But, if you could ask an elder to get Lord Madara's permission then I might be able to help you."

They panicked and pleaded her not to tell anyone. She agreed but warned them not sneak around again because it's dangerous.