Chapter 34: A Cloudy Meet

Tuesday flew by so fast I forgot it had happened.  Finals week was so uptight and difficult to keep up with I completely forgot what day it was.  Dimitri and I quickly took our Philosophy final together, got lunch, and very quickly went our separate ways.  He had mentioned something about preparing for his meet on Wednesday.  I just came back to my dorm and settled with Bella as we slowly turned in for the night after a long day of either taking a test or cramming for the next one.  The next morning was pretty simple, I woke up without my phone blowing up from Dimitri.  Just from the sun shining through the blinds.  And quickly got down, got dressed, and Bella and I went and got breakfast.

Breakfast was nothing special, in fact, Bella was still tired and didn't talk a whole lot.  So we grabbed it to-go and came back to the dorm.  I wasted no time shoveling the food in my mouth while I crammed in every last bit of information for my Organic Chemistry final.

I was so focused my mind started melting times together into a continuous blob of 'busy.' I took a quick break to text Dimitri, "Hey, when is your meet again?"

He answered almost immediately, "Hey, starts at 5:00, when is your Organic Chemistry final?"

"Ok, great! I can really take it whenever, so I'm cramming now and I think I'll take it after lunch.  Where is the meet?"

"Just head over to the Natatorium.  It's a run around campus."  He explained.

"Alright, I'll be there." I smiled at my phone as I set it down again.

The next two hours flew by in a flash. The disassociation of time helped to speed through the practice problems I was working on.

After a while Bella intervened my intense staring at my computer by asking if I wanted to get lunch.  Only then did I realize it had been almost three hours.  I agreed and we quickly went to get lunch, brought it back, and I began rereading the oldest chapters in my notes.  As soon as I was done eating I subconsciously pulled the exam up on my computer and let my clicker hover over the 'Start Exam' button.

*Fuck, ok.  I have to do this.* I watched the button under my arrow.  You got this.  Just take it slowly, you have more than enough time.*

"Oh my god, just start it."  Bella called out from behind me.  It sounded like she was just sitting there watching me.

"Fuck off."  I ordered back as her sudden words made me freeze.  *Alright.  No time like now.* I thought as I felt my finger clicked down on the button.  The screen flicked for a second until it opened a new page "Question 1:..." it read.

*...and I'm off.*

In total the exam went a lot better than I had expected and I managed to finish the questions and go through them a couple times before the first hour mark appeared.  After reading the last question at least four times, I hit the 'submit exam' button and the screen flashed for a second before returning to the home page.

"Your grades are hidden until your instructor allows otherwise."  The screen read as my heart sank in my chest.

I sat at my desk, blankly staring at my screen until Bella pulled the blinds closed and climbed into bed, "Alright, might need a little nap-py."

"Uh... well... it couldn't hurt."  I thought as I followed her lead and without a second of hesitation got in bed. I rolled up in my blanket and felt a nice snug position and quickly drifted between consciousness and sleep. I didn't dream, but I was apparently aware of everything around me. I heard Bella shifting every once in a while and I could see the light dance around the room from in front of our window. A text message buzzed from my phone under my pillow which brought me back to completely.