Author's Note

Hello! I'm Thomas Greer, this is my first story that I had truly ever worked on to it's fullest. This story is heavily inspired by the wholesome series called "Heartstopper" by Alice Oseman.

I know, especially on Wattpad, that many people look for the steamy romance. Or the 0-100 stories that are full of action and amazing... whatever you may be interested in. But for this story, I really wanted to encapsulate the need for a slow burn-esc romance. Being heavily inspired by such a wholesome book, I wanted to make my own series along the same lines as the "Heartstopper" series.

Now, this being my first story that I've truly ever written.  It was more of a project to distract me from schoolwork, so I'll be it: I feel as though the earlier chapters were slower than the ending chapters.  And as I work through some other works (🤭👀) I realize my writing style has definitely changed.  I hope I can rework a lot of the chapters to now encompass my writing style but keep the same feel of the entire story.

But if you've made it this far, thank you so much for enjoying my first drafting of "When It Rains".  As of currently, I'm working on LOTS of different ideas and other stuff for Ryan and Dimitri's story and I really hope you stick around to see them blossom!

My goal for this Wattpad version is convert what I have into a lengthy manuscript and edit it down for something that might eventually get looked at for publishing!  But that is so far into the future I don't even want to think about it!

So please stay tuned for what's to come next in Ryan and Dimitri's story: a small side story that takes place during the summer between the school years.  This time, it will be split between Ryan and Dimitri's perspective as they still try to work out what will happen between them!

I hope you all enjoy and thank you again!