Chapter 67: Uncertainties

The uncertainties in life are so uncertain for us to determine the kind woe we shall be entangled in in the next future. When you stay dormant, your life is at risk; when you dare to take a step, you take a step to take a risk. We have a choice. Yes! a choice to choose to dare to get to our real reasons on earth or to choose to live in mediocrity and conformity, but, we ought to note that, it is riskier to risk nothing when the life we live is always at risk.

_______________________________________________________________________

Ye Hua was admiring his beloved wife peacefully sleeping next to him. Bai Qian only slept comfortably when she snuggled with him. He didn't want to move to wake her up since she hardly rested due to the pregnancy discomfort. But he needed to attend court. He hated the idea of casting a sleeping spell for her to rest but it was the only way he could get up without interrupting her sleep. When he was about to do it, Bai Qian surprised him. "Don't you dare Ye Hua..."

"Qian Qian my love, I have to get up for my court session, I promise I'll be back as soon as I finish so we can snuggle some more." Ye Hua sweetly reassured her.

"Must you go?" Bai Qian pleaded with him.

"I have to. I'm trying to get everything done before the baby comes. That way I'll have all the time to be with you and the baby. Third Uncle have been assisting with some key decisions but my presence is needed. I'm sorry but I can't skip this meeting."

"You have some making up to do Ye Hua." Bai Qian hardened her hold on him.

"I know I do Qian Qian don't worry I won't forget to reward my beautiful wife afterwards for her benevolence, generosity and patience with me." Ye Hua gave her a passionate kiss to make her happy.

"Okay, but don't take too long or I will get out of court myself."

"How scandalous!" Ye Hua chuckled having a mental image of her doing it.

"Don't forget how audacious your Tianhou is."

"No ma'am." Ye Hua gave her one of his sultry smiles and got up to get ready. "I'll ask Nai Nai to make some snacks for Ali so you can rest a bit more. Do you want anything to eat before I go?

"No, I'll be fine. I'm not hungry now."

"All right, but promise me that you will eat later on. You need to be strong for the delivery."

"Yes, Ye Hua don't worry."

"I'll be back soon."

"Hurry back please, I already miss you"

Meanwhile at the Fox Palace...

Dong Hua was curious about his little fox latest interest of trying new things with him. He reminisced on their wild and steamy nights they been having lately. A wry smile curled up on his lips. "My voracious little fox"

 "My voracious little fox"