Chapter 71: Justice Served

Dong Hua and Feng Jiu woke up upon hearing little Gun Gun baby talk. "Good morning son." Little Gun Gun sweetly smiled at his parents. "He's such a happy baby. He has your smile Dong Hua" Feng Jiu sweetly said. "Come Gun Gun is time for you feeding and then your father will give you a bath."

Feng Jiu and Dong Hua took care of little Gun Gun like they always do. After his bath, Dong Hua placed him back to his crib and placed a strong protective shield over him. "Be a good baby and rest for a while, we'll be back later on for play time." Dong Hua told his son, little Gun Gun cooed back to his father as his response. Dong Hua chuckled to hear him talking to him this way. "Yes, son don't worry we won't take long" Dong Hua tenderly replied.

Feng Jiu was mentally preparing for their departure with Yan Chiwu. Dong Hua was quiet during their travel. Yan Chiwu didn't dare to say a word either. The three of them traveled in absolute silence. Once they arrived to the secluded location where Ji Heng was held, Yan Chiwu opened the security shield for them to enter. Lord Xu Fang greeted them. "Dijun, Dihou" they just nodded back to him. "Take us to her" Dong Hua finally said.

"Right this way." Yan Chiwu proceeded to guide them.

Lord Xu Fang stopped them at the courtyard entrance. "Dijun, may you please remember her father's plea with your Lordship." Dong Hua said nothing; he gave Xu Fang a deadly cold stare. Xu Fang understood and moved out of the way.

Ji Heng upon seeing Dong Hua entering her room got to her knees immediately. Feng Jiu swiftly followed behind him. Ji Heng was annoyed to see Feng Jiu accompanying Dong Hua. "Ji Heng formally greets his Lordship Dong Hua Dijun, and his Dihou her Highness Queen Bai Feng Jiu" Ji Heng nervously said.

Yan Chiwu stood there blankly watching her. Feng Jiu noticed that Ji Heng didn't regarded Xiao Yan presence. "Aren't you going to greet your lord husband princess Ji Heng? After all that is proper protocol." Feng Jiu ironically asked.

"Of course, lord husband welcome back." Ji Heng simply said without lifting her head, she remained kneeling down. There was a lump on her throat. She was nervous and already aggravated.

Feng Jiu sensed her displeasure. "Princess Ji Heng, we meet again." Feng Jiu said. "The last time we saw each other I clearly remember that you were strictly forbidden to step out of your territory. You disappeared from the demon lands for a long time. A search was commissioned to find your whereabouts. It was a decree that it was passed as a preventative measure from waging a war with your kingdom since we are now allying thru a peace treaty. Unfortunately, my words were not respected and your defiant actions contributed to the latest war on my domain. Were my words simply passed wind to your ears?" Feng Jiu carefully stated.

"Oh, no...your highness...I mean... Dihou. Of course not." Ji Heng stuttered trying to contain her irritation.

"Then why you disobeyed my imperial decree?" Feng Jiu unsympathetically questioned her.

"I.... was... misled by Lord Nie Chuyin to bond with Miao Lou... I never thought that it was going to be threat to others. Then after that I was hold as her prisoner on a cave. I wasn't aware of what happened afterwards." Ji Heng answered defending herself.

Lord Xu Fang spoke this time. "I can attest to this your highnesses since I lead her rescue and was able to break her bond from Miao Lou."

Feng Jiu ignored Xu Fang statement. "Misled you say? If that was the case, being a princess, you should have used a better judgement before you decided to allied yourself with a dangerous individual like Miao Lou. What were your real motives to form such bond?" Feng Jiu continued with her interrogation.

Ji Heng was hesitating to answer. She cautiously gazed at Dong Hua direction.

"Hmmm I see... your fixation with my lord husband Dong Hua Dijun. With the opinions of others, exterior influences, and personal insecurities, it's easy to simply give in and pursue something unattainable. A suitable marriage was provided to you to benefit the inner conflicts of your clans. Was Demon Lord Yan Chiwu not enough for you?"