Chapter 73: Suspicion

Every friendship, every relationship. is bound to fall apart. when you start keeping too many. things to yourself. Secrets don't destroy things, but. suspicion does. When we cannot share our values any longer and our incipient intentions have become blurry, common understanding may turn into irredeemable misunderstanding. If the spirit of common perspectives and commitments has irreversibly been broken, we might patently drift down into suspicion, remorse or regret. As such, shared initiatives ought to be reasoned and well thought-out to avoid 'understanding' becoming 'misunderstanding' and 'hope' breaking down into 'heartbreak'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As time went by...

Feng Jiu time to deliver her daughter came as predicted by her father. Zhe Yan and Dong Hua attended her delivery. Feng Jiu has been in labor for hours; she was consumed.

"Xiao Jiu darling, you got this. We're here to help you." Zhe Yan encouraged her.

Feng Jiu was struggling to give birth. She was changing positions in her bed to be more comfortable. Dong Hua was at her side serving her. "Jiu'er maybe if you take a bath it will help you give birth. It worked with Gun Gun." Dong Hua suggested.

"Maybe you are right Dong Hua, Gun Gun was born underwater. Maybe this little one will like the water element too." Zhe Yan said.

"I will try anything at this point." Feng Jiu exhaustively said.

"The baby is in position and you're fully dilated. I can give you a special tea to help you with the contractions." Zhe Yan offered.

"Where is Gun Gun?" Feng Jiu asked Dong Hua.

"Gun Gun is with your mother little fox. She is taking care of him while we are here with you. He still too young to see you like this."

"But he wants to welcome his little sister Dong Hua."

"We'll bring him over once she's here. I will prepare the bath chambers for you, hang tight my love, I'll be right back." Dong Hua tenderly caressed her face.

"Okay. Qingyan sweetheart, we are waiting for your arrival, be good and come out safely." Feng Jiu padded her belly.

Minutes later Zhe Yan came with the special tea. "Here Xiao Jiu, drink this. It will speed up the delivery."

"Thank you fùqīn" Feng Jiu drank the tea; she was weak at this point and was pale.

"Kittling, don't fall asleep. The tea will make the contractions stronger."

"I just want to rest a bit fùqīn. Let me close my eyes for a little while until the tea takes effect." Feng Jiu laid down. Zhe Yan grabbed her hand to check on her pulse.

"How is she?" Dong Hua worriedly asked him.

"Xiao Jiu is strong; they are both okay. Take her to the bath chamber, maybe when the contractions get stronger, the baby quickly will work her way thru the birth canal."

The Bai family was patiently waiting at the main terrace. Bai Rui was getting nervous. Zhong Lin was making sure that everyone was comfortable.

"This baby is going to give our family so many blessings. I can feel it." Bai Rui said.

"Stop pacing around wife, you are making us all nervous. I'm sure Xiao Jiu will do fine. She is strong and capable." Bai Zhi said.

"Zhe Yan and Dijun are with her, everything will be okay." Bai Zhen said.

"Our lassie is young and strong; I know that she'll do fine. This little girl will surely inherit her mischievous character. I remember that her mother had a hard labor too before having her." Bai Qian said.