Chapter 7

Liam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't think I will ever not like these!" Niall says excitedly as he eats these little candies. I laugh.

We walk into French class and find our seats. Abbi walks in, with her head hung low. I haven't seen her at all today. I think she was late to school. "She doesn't look to happy." Niall says softly. "No she doesn't" I say.

I wonder why she was down. I can't imagine what she is going through though. It was to be so hard moving to another country and transfer to a brand new school. She seemed fine the first day of school, and yesterday. I guess she is just getting homesick.

"Hey Abbi!" Niall says happily. She turns in her seat and waved her fingers. "Hey Niall. Hi Liam." she says, faking a smile. "How are you?" I ask her. Her smile fades. "I'm okay... I guess." she replies.

The bell rings, and our teacher makes her way to the front of the room to begin her lesson. I sigh. I didn't like seeing anybody sad. I always wanted to help if I could. I try to keep my focus on class, but it doesn't work well. Finally the bell rings and I jump up to walk with Abbi.

"Hey. Are you alright?" I ask her quietly. We make our way out into the loud hallway. "Not really." she admits to me. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her. She shakes her head no, not trusting her voice. "Would you want to go somewhere after school?" I ask her. She looks up at me. "Sure." she squeaks out. I smile down at her. "Well I will see you seventh period. We can talk more then." I tell her. "Okay." she says. I turn to go to class.

I run into Niall. He just stares at me with a goofy grin on his face. "Hot date today?" he asks jokingly. "Not technically a "date"... but kind of. I guess." I say to him. He just continues to smile at me. "Your a freak! Your face is gonna get stuck like that!" I tell him. He laughs. "Thanks Li. Love you too lad." he says walking to his class.