CHAPTER 15✨

As we strolled, grass rustled with ease.
Dancing in the breeze, a tranquil tease.
Ritu settled behind, the world at peace.
Crickets chirp, humming a gentle flow.
On the chilly road, our journey glow.

Ritu began tugging at my hair. "Hey, Jaiku!"

"Oy, stop pulling!" I responded instantly, "Do you want me to turn bald?"

"No, but why did you pick this route?" she said, maintaining her grip on my hair.

"It's a shortcut!" I cried, "If you don't stop I'll look like a deodorant roll-on."

"I'm sorry!" She began snorting with laughter. "But I don't wanna go home yet."

I chuckled softly, trying to free my hair from her playful assault. "Are you enjoying the scenic route of my hair follicles?"

Ritu continued to snicker, "Your hair has more twists than a thrilling novel."

"Well, it's been a lifelong companion." I smirked, "Let's get you home before turning my hair into modern art."

Ritu pouted softly, "Alright, I'll let your hair be free, but I'll miss you dearly." She embraced me gently from behind.

"I'll miss you too, hug-tastic," I remarked, pulling up the corners of my mouth.

We cruised alongside the weathered houses, evoking memories of the deserted barns nestled in fields of endless wheat. Her company on the journey felt like poetry, a tribute written by the unyielding wheels on the rugged terrain.

Softly she whispered, "That's my abode,"
Her finger directed, down a dimly lit road.

I glanced towards the indicated house and teased, "Should I prepare for the grand entrance or is this a covert operation?"

Ritu laughed, "Let's keep it low-key for now. My family might not be ready for us yet."

I chuckled, "Alright then, goodnight to you." Leaning in for a goodnight kiss on the lips, I was surprised when she planted it on my cheek, a cute smirk playing on her face.

"I'm not Nine, you know!" I protested.

"Hush... It's past midnight. The license comes after the wedding," she winked playfully. "Goodnight, my darling."

"Okay, I'll be waiting for that license," I replied, smiling. "Goodnight, my love!"

Walking a few paces away, she vanished into the darkness. Attempting to kick start my bike proved futile, likely hindered by the chilling wind. While inspecting the petrol switch, a sudden, powerful blow struck the back of my head. As my vision blurred, a figure loomed over me, blocking the starlight. I struggled to focus, but the painful blow had left me disoriented.

Seconds felt like eternity as I lay there, trying to gather my thoughts. Panic began to set in as I realized the danger I was in. With a surge of adrenaline, I managed to push myself up. But before I could react, another blow landed on my head, sending me back to the ground. Everything began to fade as unconsciousness crept in, the stars above spinning into the abysmal darkness.

Awakening to the rhythmic crash of waves against the shore, I discovered myself on an empty beach. It was morning already! Confused, I hastily stood up, dusting off my shirt. Attempting to walk, I realized my feet were firmly stuck in the sand. As the sun watched me helplessly, I passed my cold fingers through the hair, it's a foot long!

A short distance away, I spotted a girl, draped in a white sundress, its hem reaching just below her knees. Like a drifting white cloud, she seemed to dance to her own tune. Her untamed dark curls swayed in the cool breeze, and the silver rays of the sun painted a gentle glow on her closed eyes. She looked so much in peace, the exact opposite of the sea in front of her.