12 ; luminescence

CHAPTER TWELVE
LUMINESCENCE

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

"But isn't Danny still in the hospital?"

Lena instinctively glanced over at Cora, her eyes slightly narrowed as she analyzed the aggravated girl. "Who is she again?" The Roth girl quirked a brow and twirled a finger in the seemingly older girl's direction as Cora glared heavily in her direction.

"That's Cora," Stiles rolled his eyes at the girls' antics, "Derek's sister."

Lena's lips curved up into a half-smirk, her teeth biting down on her bottom lip. She cocked her head to the side, stating, "Makes sense, actually."

"So, when do we kill her?" Cora asked, her thumb jutting out in the direction of the red-lipped, dark-eyed brunette. "I mean, I know we're after the Alpha pack or whatever, but I'm not so sure I want her to live, either."

"Yep," Lena pursed her lips, feigning offense, "definitely a Hale."

"Anyway," Stiles interjected, "yeah, he is. That's where Lena and I are going."

"I'll meet you there."

"Why?"

Scott turned on his heel, showing Stiles an illuminated screen with a message from Allison Argent, one that stated she had found something. A something that could likely be an important factor in the war they were amidst.

Fifteen minutes later, and Lena was unwillingly following Stiles into Danny's hospital room. They had to sneak past a plethora of nurses just to get into the wing in which Danny was being held, and Lena could already tell that this plan would probably backfire.

After the door was shut (surprisingly with no loud creaks, or squeaks, or any other noises that Lena was sure that Stiles would find a way to make) the two teens crept silently over to the side of Danny's bed, in which he lay quiet, sleeping. As Stiles' hand began to stretch out towards Danny's face, Lena smacked his wrist down, earning a shocked expression from the Stilinski boy.

"What the hell are you trying to do?" Lena mouthed, her hand still wrapped tightly around Stiles' wrist.

Wrenching his hand from her grasp, Stiles mouthed back, "Making sure he's really asleep." Once again, Lena's hand was smacking his away from the Mahealani boy, and Stiles whipped around, his arm knocking the lamp off of the nightstand in the process. Lena cringed as the noises sounded, and Danny stirred slightly in his sleep.

"You're unbelievable," she mouthed, her eyes rolling as she bit down on her lip.

"I promise you, Roth, Danny won't wake up." Stiles mouthed back, although Lena could hear what he was saying, seeing as Stiles could hardly whisper when it came to being silent. Lena quirked a brow, but obliged, stepping back over the shattered lamp and allowing Stiles to move to Danny's side.

"Danny, you awake?" Stiles asked, to which Lena rolled her eyes. "Danny?" Stiles began to poke, prod, slap, and shake the patient, but Danny stayed completely still until Stiles near backhanded him across the face. Lena's hands shot over her mouth, a snort escaping her nose as she desperately tried to muffle her laughter. The Stilinski boy went barreling backwards into the wall, which seemed to groan as his back slammed against the plaster.

"Real subtle, Stilinski," Lena breathed out, her laughter just ceasing.

Stiles grinned triumphantly, and glanced fleetingly down at the tiled floor, on which Danny's bag was leant up against the hospital bed. The duo quickly dropped to the floor, Lena having to crawl around the perimeter of the bed – what with Danny's now light sleeping and Lena's attempts at muffling the sound of heels-on-tile, Stiles' unzipping of the bag had to be barely audible. Yet, the Hawaiian boy found a way to listen in to the surrounding noises.