Stay. (KuniKage)

Summary: 

First kiss is always special. It happened with his best friend, who feels like a stranger now. 

Wherein Kunimi pines, and doubts that he is the only one. 

(P.S. Art not mine.)

It happened suddenly.

Kunimi still remembered it though, like it was yesterday. Sometimes, he wondered whether it had all been a dream, that his subconscious had made it all up. He always tried to recall the details of the kiss that happened one morning. His very first one. If he told anyone about who it had been with, nobody would believe him. He too doesn't at times, but the feel of those lips against his, was very real and so was that innocent smile afterwards. The morning Sun was just rising up, filtering through the white curtains and shining on his face; it was casting a shadow around his dear friend's face, making it look like a halo around him. Then Kageyama had gifted him with a lazy smile and he had returned it, trying to lift up the fog of sleep.

"Morning."

Kageyama had greeted him after yawning, his breath brushing against Kunimi's face. He had looked so innocent with his hair tousled with sleep, that Kunimi had abruptly kissed those pink lips, surprising even himself. It was only a brief peck on the lips, but Kunimi could feel the butterflies fluttering in his stomach. Kageyama's blue eyes had widened and then blinked a few times as if to grasp what had transpired. Kunimi thought that he would get scolded or even yelled at about the kiss any minute, but his heart had dropped in his stomach when Kageyama smiled. The blue-eyed friend of his had caressed his cheek, brought his face closer and returned the kiss; so sloppy and messy, filled with giggles and laughter.

"Go to sleep you two. It's way too early."

A pillow hit them roughly, barely landing on their faces as Kindachi mumbled in his sleep. Kageyama had laughed more at that, causing Kunimi to lose it as well. He hid his face in the crook of Kageyama's neck to control his laughter and giddiness, and Kageyama hugged him closer. It felt good. It felt right. In a way, Kindaichi was the reason why the two of them were sleeping on the floor and on futons laid side by side. The three of them often had sleepovers at each other's place and even though Kindaichi had a double bed, they had chosen to sleep down. The reason being that Kindaichi kicked in his sleep, and he would sleep diagonally, taking up the entire bed. Somehow he and Kageyama would always end up on the floor, groaning in pain because they had been kicked and fallen down.

Over time, they had learnt their lesson and better chose to sleep on the floor, no matter whose place they ended up at. Even when Kindaichi would sleep down, he would get a separate futon away from them.

It had started as a simple cuddle for them, Kageyama was like that. He would curl up in his sleep and sometimes a hand would land on Kunimi's stomach, and sometimes the setter would bury his face in his neck. Kunimi would remove the hand or push his friend away, roll him to the other side too, whenever possible, but as the night progressed, Kageyama would always be wrapped around him in one position or another. What annoyed him initially had become a ritual for them, and he was not aware when it happened, but he too had started craving for Kageyama's arms.

Kageyama always felt so warm and Kunimi was living for it, like he had been cold for years and finally had found someone that would keep him from ever having to feel that.

Until he didn't.

Something had changed.

Kageyama no longer smiled. Once, a very warm person was wearing a cloak of coldness. His pouting and cute face had hardened with a constant frown. Kunimi didn't understand why. He tried to, but he was pushed away. Was something wrong? Was it the kiss? Was he the reason that Kageyama no longer came with them in the evening?