Chapter 3

Authors Note:

I am so happy that you all are enjoying it! This is my first book and thank you to the people who commented on my last two chapters with your thoughts and suggestions. I will fix my errors to each chapter later on. I want to get more chapters in first! Anyways thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy (:

Levi and Emily really seem to be hitting off. They both seem so interested in each other, and I don't even want to try to interrupt their on-going conversation. Kayla and Brooke are also talking so I am basically just sitting here doing nothing. I am beyond bored and I just want to go home. I wish I wasn't so socially awkward so that I can talk to Wade and not make things so weird.

"Sooooo.." Wade begins. "This is a little boring don't you think?" He asks me.

"Yeah I guess." I shrug trying not to seem to excited that he is actually talking to me. He holds out his vape pen motioning for me to grab it. Which I do. I just stare at it not knowing if I should try it or not.

"Here I will show you how to use it. I swear it isn't as bad as you think it is." I hand it back to him and he inhales while pushing the end of the vape pen inwards. He hands it back to me while blowing out.

"Erm, okay I will try... I guess." I put it in my mouth. Trying not to think about the fact that I am basically putting my lips on his. I push the end down and inhale. Coughing a little but not as much as I thought I would. I blow it out and the taste of cherries is left on my tongue. Wade is smiling a little while and he is clapping.

"You took it like a champ!" We both laugh while everyone is now looking at us. Them laughing and clapping as well. Even though I know they are joking I still feel kind of proud. I don't really consider this peer pressure because I was curious of what it tasted like, but wade did help make the decision of trying the thing a lot easier.

"You wanna go for a walk?" He asks me and I don't know what I should tell him. Yes, I do want to spend time with him, but I really don't know what he wants to do. Does he actually want to walk or does he have other things planned? What if he tries to kiss me? Will I kiss him back? Ugh.

"Erm, sure" I answer. Knowing he can see the uncertainty on my face.

"Laney and I are going on a walk we will be back soon." He tells the group, and now I am nervous. I stand up and follow him while he leads the way even further into the woods. We are walking on a trail in the middle of the woods. I'm not scared of the woods... I am scared of him. He seems so intimidating, but at the same time so sweet.

"So tell me about you." He says as he walks. We are both walking at a slow pace and I hope we don't get lost.

"Well I am originally from Indiana. I moved here in 4th grade. My mom wanted some place warm, and my step dad wanted to move where there are mountains, so California was the place to go. I have five siblings. My mom has four kids and my dad has 3 kids, including me. I do not know where my dad is, he left when I was 8. I am a straight A student. Never had a boyfriend unless you count third grade relationships. Never kissed a guy. My parents are both managers for the company they work for. Umm... I love rock bands. I get mad but don't like to express it. I am weird mainly, and there is more stuff I just can't think of anything." I tell him, realizing i just talked a lot.

"You really have never had a boyfriend?" He asks me. Out of that whole thing he asks about that, well I guess that is kinda lame.

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe the way I look, or my personality?" I really wish he would just drop it. I don't feel like talking about this. I should have just left that out about myself.

"That is bullshit. I think the guys you go to school with are blind for one, and for two you have a cute personality. Sorry, but this is just shocking information." He thinks I have a cute personality? Well I for sure thought that he thinks I am socially awkward.

"It's fine" I say with a smile to soften my short remark. "So anyways what about you?" I ask him, hoping his life his more interesting than mine.

"Well, lets see. So I grew up here my whole life. I live with my mom. My dad died when I was 3, so I really don't remember him. My mom married my shit step dad who thinks he owns me, but he doesn't. My birthday is this month, "June 24th to be exact. I will be an adult, but I am scared as hell. I haven't had alcohol in over 4 months. Which is a very good thing for me. I have been trying to change, because I keep disappointing my mom. I have had 3 girlfriends. I am not a virgin. I love experiencing new things. I don't know if I want to go to college or not. I still don't know where I want to work, or what I want to do. I have 6 tattoos, which only 3 of them have actual meaning, thats about it I think." He takes in a big gasp of air after he finishes.

I didn't really expect him to tell me personal things, but I am glad he did because I can understand him a whole lot better.