Chapter 2

Hey Hyorin, are you okay?  You weren’t talking much.”

“Oh, yeah I’m fine.  Just a bit tired.”

“Thank goodness.  I thought that you had some sort of grudge against Jongin.”

I do Krystal, I do.  And it is huge.  But of course I wouldn’t say that out loud.

“Oh, no.  Why would I have some grudge on him when I just met him?”

“That’s what I thought.  Just making sure.”

The rest of the day I did my best to avoid Kim Jongin and yes, that means that I also avoided Taemin.  Sorry Taemin!  At the end of the day I safely made it to the debate team practice, where I was almost a hundred percent certain that Jongin would not be.  I took my normal seat near the window and gazed outside.  The baseball team is practicing today.  It may sound weird, but I look forward to debate club just so I can see the baseball team.  But today it looks like they have an extra player.  New member maybe?  Anyways he plays pitcher.  Well he looks good from behind, so I think I already like this new guy.  All he needs to do is turn around.  Turn around.  Come on and just turn around.  Turn, turn, tu...OH MY GOD!  ARE YOU SERIOUS?  WAS I JUST CHECKING OUT KIM JONGIN?!  WHAT THE HE…

“Hyorin!’

Geun Yunseo. Just as her last name states, her personality is strong like a stone.  Stubborn.

“Yes, Yun.”

“Yunseo.  My name is Yunseo.”

“Sorry Y.U.N.S.E.O.”

“Are you all ready to start?  Today’s topic is birth control.  Joowon, Jihoon, Jiwoo and I will be for birth control.  Siwoo, Hyunwoo, Minseo and Hyorin will be against birth control.  You have 5 minutes to come up with information.  Ready...start!”

“Okay, so we can bring up that birth control is anti-life.”

“Good idea Siwoo, and then we could say that abortions could be a result of the birth control not working.”

“Minseo is getting to something, but what if they bring up poverty?”

“Hyunwoo is right.  How will we address that?”

“Don’t worry guys.  I’ll handle that.”

“Did you come up with something Hyorin?”

“Yes I did Hyunwoo.  Yes I did.”

“Truly amazing!  I love having Hyorin on my team for debates.”

“I totally agree with Minseo!” the other two replied.

“Aww.  Thanks guys.  I love this team too!”

Yun stood up and got everyone’s attention.

“Okay people, the 5 minutes are up.  Get ready for this debate on birth control.  Just because it is practice, today we will be the judges and determine the outcome.  No bias is tolerated.  Last time my team started, so this time team Hyorin will start.  When you guys are ready, we are."

Just as practiced, Siwoo stepped up and started.

“Birth control you see, is anti-life.”