For A Little While

Light's POV:

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I don't know about you but, I rarely wake up like this. Whenever I woke up like this, something bad always happened. I thought it would have been something small but, it really wasn't... It took me around 5 minutes to decide if I should get out of bed or not. I looked around and saw the time at 9:00 AM. Nah, the squad will meet up at 1:00 PM. I have loads of time. I closed my eyes but, then they shot back open after I heard my phone buzz. I'm so tired of people texting me so early! I sit up and grab my phone that was on my nightstand. I put in my password which is "14789". The reason why that's my password is that it forms an "L". I think it's very cool. Thank you, Levi, for the suggestion. Yes, I trust Levi enough for him to know my password. I see that the message was from my father. "Light, call me right away. Your mother and I need to talk to you.". When I lived with my parents, I have had a huge fear for my father and, it still hasn't gone away.

In fear, I quickly called him to avoid conflict. I waited for around 7 seconds until I heard a voice that had always sent shivers down my spine. "Light.", the cold voice called for me. "Uh, Yes father? What's the matter?", I asked, trying to sound normal. I heard the wind through the phone as my mom took it from my father. "Honey, listen, your father wants you to stay here with us for a little while." I heard my mom tell me while hoping that I'd just agree with no hesitation. I really didn't want to go so, I said "But Mom...why? I'm happy here!". "Listen, young man, if you don't fly over here, I will send people all the way from here, to where you live. Got that?", My father threatened. I got scared. What if these people hurt my friends...what if they hurt Levi?! No, Light. They will be fine if you just listen to your father. No matter how much you'll miss him- I mean them, their safety is more important. "Yes, father..." I sighed. "Good, you're leaving next Sunday so, you have 5 days to pack or do whatever." "Ok, father.". He hanged up but, I was glad because of how upset I was.

Maybe if I woke up on the right side of the bed, things would be different? I started packing and I finished in 3 hours. I didn't bring everything because I'm sure I'll only be there for a little while. After that, I ate, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and lastly, I took a poop. Now, I just have to find a way to break the news to the squad. Then, I went outside and was about to call an uber until I saw a black SUV in front of my house. I ignored it until they lowered their window and told me to get in. "No way, stranger!" I yelled, still looking down at my phone. I then realized that the stranger called me by my name so, I looked up. "Levi? I didn't know it was you!" I said. "Heh, I guess I'm a stranger." Levi chuckled. "Need a ride?" He offered. "Sure!" I agreed. At least I don't have to pay for an uber. I got into his car and we drove off.

You might be wondering if my parents are so rich then, why don't I have my own car and everything? They wanted me to survive on my own so, they only gave me enough to cover for my house for a month. Of course, I have a job but I have to quit it now because, you know... I think Levi noticed I was looking down because he asked if I was ok. I lied and said, "Yes". He didn't believe me and asked me what happened. "I'll tell you and the others at the cafe" He nodded and we drove to the cafe in silence. When we got there, the rest of the group was there. Me and Levi ordered then sat down with them."Hey guys, I have an important announcement". I announced to them. "What is it?" Alex asked, looking concerned. "You know what, I'll just say it after we eat," I said. I didn't want to make them sad before we even ate so, I decided to wait a bit. What am I saying, it's not like they'll care if I leave? I'm just their sacrifice. I'm just a pawn to their group. No, no, Light. Happy thoughts. They love you, they love you, they'll miss you. Why do I even try to convince myself?

I managed to calm myself down when the food came. I ordered Boba Milk Tea while the others ordered many different things. After we all finished eating, Alex asked me what I wanted to announce earlier. I wanted to say never mind but, they needed to know. I didn't want to seem like I abandoned them. I had to say it. I told everyone about the phone call I got this morning. Everyone looked pretty shocked and upset. I felt different types of dispair at that moment. The one I felt was the deepest was Levi's. It was pretty surprising that people actually cared. Nah, they probably are acting like this because their sacrifice was gone. "Light, you...you can't leave! Please stay" Levi pleaded while forming tears. Wow, I didn't expect Levi to be this upset out of everyone. "Levi, it's ok, I probably will just stay there for a little while". I said, trying to calm Levi down. You know, deep inside me, I knew I'd be there for more than "a little while".

This is a pretty cringy storyline :|

(Word Count: 992)