Daily Routine

About 6am, I heard my parents waking up. So I decided to have some sleep. I hate to admit it but I've always felt secure when someone is around. I laid down and as soon as I put my head on the pillow, I felt my eyelids going heavier and heavier...

After about half an hour, my mother came in to wake me up. I felt even more tired, so it took me a couple of minutes to get out of bed.
I did my daily routine and then I put my dark blue leggings,my white snickers and the first shirt I laid eyes on. I have to wear my ugly uniform on top so it doesn't matter anyways.

I grabbed an apple, wished my mother a good day and headed out for the bus station. it was ten minutes away. But I didn't mind. My house was in the middle of nowhere so it was quiet except for the occasional bird singing, the absolute perfect setting to think about things and take decisions.

It only took the bus a couple of minutes to get there, but it was really crowded and that lousy driver was making sharp turns every now and then, which made people fall over each other. It was kind of funny until a woman leaned on me and almost crushed me against the buse's handrail. It would have freaked me out a couple of months ago. I still finish half of the hand sanitizer's bottle once I get off the bus but I'm not as paranoid about strangers touching me. It was all a part of the daily bus experience, adding to the wide variety of awful smells and the occasional attempt of sexual harassment.

Once I got off the bus, I had to walk again to get to school.
My first two sessions were ok except when the math teacher almost caught Mia, Jasmine and I taking selfies.
I had lunch in the school parc with Dinah and Mara.I felt like a living monster with all that amount of junk food I ate.while they ate the salad in their tiny lunchboxes.

I notice Dinah looking at me.

-What?

-I don't understand how you can eat that much and stay skinny.

She said shoving a handful of salad into her mouth.

-It's the magic of a fast metabolism.

Mara said.

-Yeah, I'm so lucky.

I said after taking a big bite of my chocolate cupcake.

-I hate you.

Mara said chewing her food in a very unladylike manner.

-ok, now let me eat in peace.

Weight was a subject that gets brought up to our conversations every now and then. Dinah and Mara both think they're fat. It's true that they're not size zero, neither am I but that doesn't mean they're overweight.They're perfectly fine to me. And I keep telling them that. I keep telling them that they don't need those rough diets. And that they're beautiful just the way they are. And I wish they start listening to me.

The afternoon classes were really slow and I was getting sleepy. So you can imagine how fast I packed my things and got out of school when the bell rang.

The bus station was crowded as usual and people were literally fighting over taxis. So I couldn't believe my luck when a taxi stopped just in front of me. I opened the door and I was about to get in but this woman beat me to it. I stood there not completely digesting what just happened. Did she think I'm her personal chauffeur opening doors for her or something!

And what made me even angrier is this rude guy snickering few meters away.

I glared his way and said :

-it's not funny.

-The look on your face was though.

I ignored him and kept looking for a taxi. I could feel him glancing my way a couple of times so I kept waiting for an apology but it never came. I can't believe how rude some people are.

I was one of the last people to get into a taxi. This was a struggle that I had go through on daily basis. I could have switched to a school more close to my house. But this is worth the effort. It's a selective school with the best students in the state so It gives me a better chance to get accepted to a good university. It's an opportunity that many pupils wish for so I'm not going to let it slip.

By the time I got home, I was really exhausted, I ate my dinner and read a book to take my mind off what I knew was going to happen next..

And I fell asleep.