Chapter 38 FaceTime and A Fight on the Steps

We were all in the movie room because it had the most comfortable lazy boys recliners, we had moved them into a circle and we were talking through the plans for the next mission. Even Dishwasher Dan was here. Adam who was always thinking of safety was talking with Emerson who was always thinking about being sneaky, they were talking about how should do what when. Sabine who was always thinking of presentation was talking to me about how to intimidate with my outfit and running through a packing list of clothes. Ash was talking with me about how to find the truth and ask the right questions as she and I were working on the newest version of the Research Survey. Meg was concerned for Emerson's safety and planing what restaurants we were going to check out.

      Tom and Tracy were making the reservations for the hotel and were going to be holding down the fort with Kimmy. Kimmy only had one tenant left to scare away and was asking Emerson for tips on finding out what the hold-up was. I was also texting Eric, it was faster than email. He was sort of in on the planning and I could tell he was barely holding himself together he wanted to be here so bad playing his part as my Beta. But he was on his own mission following his dad around the country.

       Brian and Chad and Craig were mostly just observing the chaos although Craig would offer advice on a weapon or tools if there was an opportunity. This is also where Dishwasher Dan fit right in although he kept falling asleep and jerking awake again, a few times he was awake long enough to comment on timing or responses to questions I might be asked.

      Meg had made me a Charcuterie board with all the things I liked and none of the really stinky cheese and the birdseed crackers. It even had apricots and dried cherries. Emerson was leading this part of the discussion about logistics and Adam was writing it all down. It was so nice to have a team that I trusted. This was a big change from the first mission where Meg and Adam and I were just bluffing our way through it one thing at a time.

       This time we had plans and counter plans for everything up alien abduction, although if I brought it up, I bet they would make plans for that too. Once everything was set up we all said good night and went our separate ways.

       Eric and I were planing on our first FaceTime chat ever tonight before we leave for the mission in the morning. I was nervous that he had built me up in his mind and would be disappointed when he saw me again. I tried not to rush up to my room but I felt my heart beating as I went up.

 I tried not to rush up to my room but I felt my heart beating as I went up

       Once I had checked my hair and face and changed into comfortable clothes, a soft red Coke Cola T-shirt, and soft black leggings, I placed the call. My heart was racing and racing.       

       He answered right away and I saw his face. Wow, was this really who the Great Luna meant for me? He is like a dark elf prince. Piercing. Sharp. His eyes are bright and his cheekbones high and his dark hair fell over his forehead just so. His eyes in this lighting looked navy blue. I remember those lips. Boys should not have such pretty lips. How was I supposed to think of what to say with those lips and mouth grinning at me? Wait. Grinning?