Chapter 39 Elders and Alphas

AN: I wanted to thank Tashey, Jacqueline, Arqi, and Josephine for the votes and follows! This Chapter is dedicated to you guys! 

"Father, I just found my True Mate, this girl, Avery!" Eric says with a smile at me.

I look into his eyes for the first time since coming of age and the Bond snaps into place. I can't look away and I feel the rush Eric talked about. Falling and flying and cold and heat and a weird gravity in my soul like my heart is grounded in a new deep truth. An unshakable truth, equal to the existence of self and Wolf.

I hear a dangerous sound and look to his father who looks about ready to kill him now right here and now, Beta Frank puts a hand on his arm. I guess the Beta does not want to die today.

Alpha Aries turns to Dan and says, "I am sorry Elder Bogdan, some evidence was given to me by Alpha Blackburne, is there any other evidence you could provide that would prove you are who you say you are?"

Elder Bogdan AKA Dishwasher Dan pull out a cell phone and makes a FaceTime call, after barking some orders in what I am guessing is fake Romanian, he passes the phone to Alpha Aries, "Hello, I am Elder Ardeal," then the phone is passed again on their end, "Hello, I am Elder Maier," then the phone is passed four more times and four more males with good fake Romanian accents and real Romanian Elder names speak their names.

Alpha Aeris hands the phone back to Dan and Dan speaks again in fake Romanian and then hangs up.

Then Alpha Aries says, "I am so sorry I fell for this Alpha's story that Avery was his runaway daughter and was faking that she was an Elder's daughter here on business for some reason. Now that I think about it, why would a teenage girl travel the country collecting Research Surveys unless her father was asking her to? Where would she even get the resources to do such a thing and why would she want to?"

Alpha Aries turns to Alpha Blackburne and says, "I think you have some expelling to do."

Elder Dan Bogdan says, "I think so too." There is a great deal more anger in his eyes than anyone would expect even under these circumstances.

My bio dad is furious, "Eric, come!" he says in Alpha Command. Nothing happens. "Avery, come!" Also in Command. Nothing happens. Now he looks like one of those robots who is breaking down because something does not compute and springs are going to start popping out of his head and then he is going to self-destruct. I don't want that for him, everything would be better for all of us if he just walks away now.

"Come let's get some refreshments, that was enough stress for one day!" I say with all the teen attitude I can muster walking forward and forcing everyone in front of me to part and everyone behind me to follow. I walk quickly into the house, politely commenting on the beauty of all the features. I am offered lemon aid and some awesome little cookies. I look around for Meg to tell her she needs to ask for the recipe and see her behind Emerson with his fingers around her wrist and her hand trapped against his stomach. "Meg," I call, "you have to try one of these!" I turn to the Luna and say, "Unless it's a family secret I am going to need the recipe for these!"

She smiles at me still looking bewildered and then glances at her mate and the Elder and then back at me. "Yes, yes, of course, that would be lovely."

I take another cookie off the tray and turn to Eric. The bond springs back into existence and it's like time stops. Eric. My True Mate. He sided with me against his step-dad. He will have lost any chance of inheriting the Pack now. I wonder if he is really willing to be Beta to a pack of 13 people. Oh no, that's an unlucky number! Oh, wait there are six Deltas and three wives as well. Oh my, Tom is going to laugh when we need more hotel rooms. I smile bigger and reach up and put the cookie to his mouth. He opens and bites it and his lips brush my fingertips and get me a room, this boy is MINE.