Spontaneous Plans

Kade called Aryanna, and she suggested that everyone get together for lunch. It was too hot in the house for a gathering, so it was decided that the entire friend group would have a barbeque in the backyard. 

After the call was over, and the plans were made, Abby invited Crystal, and Jules, on the assumption that Aryanna was already on her way.  "Kade???" Abby called from the basement, "Yeahhhh?" he replied in his usual, drawn out way. 

"Can you go buy some meat, condiments, and buns? Anything we need to have a Barbeque really."

Kade nodded, grabbed his keys, and walked out the door. As he stepped outside he took a big breath of fresh air. He took a look at his car, his own child. He cherished his car, it was a present from his grandfather, and he had promised to take care of it. As he looked, he noticed a few water spots and decided to get it washed on his way home.

He opened the door, and sat down. A burning pain crept up his thighs and he jumped up in surprise. The black leather was burning hot. Kade pulled his shorts and shirt down to cover the areas that would make contact. He sat gingerly, and the burning pain returned, muffled this time, but still there nonetheless. He started the car and drove away gently, giving it time to warm up before setting off. 

It was a 30 minute drive to the grocery store, and Kade enjoyed every second of it. Listening to Sail, by Awolnation, and Natasha Beddingfeild's "These Words" the whole way there, along with anything else that happened to pop up. He pulled into the grocery store, grabbed the grocery bags out of the trunk, and walked into the store. 

He stopped at the door and checked his phone.  There was a text from Abby,
"Everyones on their way, but Jules is going to be a bit late. His mum can only drive him after errands."  
He typed a quick "okay" and set off looking for the groceries. 

Kade bought the usual condiments, buns, charcoal, and then started searching for his favorite burger meat. he picked up a few packages and then picked a checkout. 

As he stood in line, pondering the very difficult choice of mini eggs, or gum- he felt a tap on his shoulder. Kade spun around and saw Jules.

"Oh!!! hey," Kade chuckled, "are you still planning to come to the barbeque this afternoon?" 

"well yeah..." Jules replied suspiciously, "Mum cant drive me until after her errands. but I saw you here, so I thought i'd just drive back with you instead."

"Totally fine!" Kade smiled, "come on, I'm finished shopping, lets go."

Kade lead Jules out  to the car, carrying the groceries. He opened the trunk and placed the groceries inside. He unlocked the car and waited for Jules to sit down.

Jules opened the passenger door and sat down. "AHHH!" he yelled. Kade laughed, he sat down in the driver's seat with a horrible grin on his face.

"Im glad you take pleasure in my pain" Jules glared. Kade laughed and started driving back to the house. The friends jammed out to their favourite songs, and talked about how awesome it was that the group was finally getting back together.

As they turned onto Kade's street, they noticed a blue car following them. Jules realized quickly that it was Crystal following them. Kade pulled into the driveway, just before Crystal pulled in beside him. She hopped out of the car and happily greeted both Kade and Jules. "Hey guys!" she exclaimed "How's it going?" 

"Good!" Kade and Jules replied harmoniously.