Chapter 20: On The Dotted Line

"There is something that I need to do," Alex tightened his grip around her waist as they sat on the couch where the family had retreated after lunch. Everyone looked at her wondering if she had another confession or if she simply wanted to talk to them openly for the first time in weeks.

"What is it baby?" She scowled at her man knowing he would never allow her to do this without a fight. She leaned against him, preparing herself for the impact of what she was going to tell her family. Alex would blow a gasket and some when she finally got it out. He had been trying hard since they had been dating to not let his anger get the best of him as he had been guilty of doing in the past but a confession like this would surely make him go over the edge.

"I want to go visit Jace in prison," Her voice shook as he let go of her, setting her down next to him. "For closure," She barely finished before he was up and walking onto the balcony trying to control the anger boiling up inside of him. "You guys think I'm crazy don't you?" Dom was pacing just as Alex was. She would've laughed if it wasn't a serious situation.

"I think you're more than crazy sis. That man...that man... he... I will never forget what he did to you sis. I can never forgive him for what he did to you all those years when we assumed everything was perfect," Her big brother usually never showed emotion but her heart broke as she saw her big brother, the pillar of strength cave.

"I need to do this for closure. You don't all have to respect my decision but I know I won't be able to move on unless I confront him," She got to her feet knowing she had to make things right with Alex. She had to explain why she wanted to see the man who robbed her of everything in her life over and over again.

Alex looked menacing as she approached him. "Not now Des. Give me a minute to calm down," He warned but she moved closer, unafraid of him knowing he wouldn't hurt her. "I mean it Dessie," The coldness in his eyes was scary and she obeyed.

"He raped and drugged you Dessie. I don't get why you want to visit a man who did all those horrible things to you. I should be understanding but he didn't just hurt me or you. He hurt us and I hate him for it,"

"I get why you don't want me to visit him. I'm doing this for closure so that I can forget him. I'm getting better but I'm not there yet and closing this chapter with Jace will get me to forget him so that I can move on with you...with us," She felt selfish in an instant but in her heart she knew it was about time that she should be selfish.

"You fell in love with me because I wouldn't listen to you. I'm not going to listen to you now. I need to do this for me. You can come with me or you can be a grouch about it," She was suprised that he cracked a half smile making her insides melt.

"Two stubborn people should never get together," She laughed as he wrapped his arms around her waist looking out at the water in the distance. "You're the only woman who can defy me and I let get away with it. I'll come with you to make sure that you're safe," She turned to face him, cupping his face in her hands, her heart swelling knowing he was letting her have her way even though he wasn't a fan of the idea.

"I love you so much. I have a suprise for you but you have to wait until we get back to Miami," His expression changed and she knew he would soon try to get it out of her. "No cigar papi. I'm not telling you what it is,"

"I can get it out of you," She howled as he tickled her but decided to silence him with a kiss instead. Seeing that her family had left to go sightseeing knowing that the couple needed to make up, they were free to do as they wished.

"Alex, I want to be awake this time," She pushed him against the wall,stripping off his shirt as if she hadn't been with him in forever even though it had been only a few hours. "I think I might really like these pregnancy hormones,"