Chapter 22: Make It Official

"Slow down mama. That's my baby you're carrying in there," Destiny smirked as she shuffled through the office, clutching her baby book in one hand and her oversized teddy bear in the other. Despite Alex's protests, she had proven her point and worked until her eight month before finally giving in to taking a much needed maternity leave.

"I need to get these files to your new secretary before I go," She breathed out slowly her little man kicked inside of her. Without warning, he kneeled before her lifting her maternity top; the one that said Bun In The Oven and kissed her stomach. "People are going to see...stop it," Her cheeks reddened and he flashed that smile that she loved.

"I think by now they know about us..hmm," He stood, pulling her as close as her stomach would let them laughing as their baby had other ideas. "Shaun,I'm trying to kiss your mom. Give me a minute little man," Knowing that employees were watching them, she hoped that the kiss would be a tiny peck but from the time his arms wrapped around her waist she knew he had other ideas.

"You know how much I love you right?" She nodded playing with the ring he had given her of a promise of things to come in their future which had become too small for her finger and instead had to wear on her necklace as a pendant. "Now if you love your man, you'll get out of here before you think of something else so you can delay going home and getting into bed," He tapped her on the butt laughing at her pissed off expression. It seemed as if she was working harder since becoming pregant and even though he was the boss, she proved that because she was shagging the man at the top that it wouldn't affect her work performance.

"I'd love if he'd refrain from telling me what to do," She opened the door to his office with a satisfied smile on her face as she felt him closing the distance between them trying to get his way. She looked around, trying to convince herself that she would be leaving him in capable hands with his new temp. secretary who was filling in until she got back from maternity leave. She had been training the girl for the past three months but giving up control to someone else was still her biggest vice.

"But you like me bossy," He sulked wrapping his arms around her smiling down at his angel...his Dessie-girl. She laughed at the expression on his face, standing on tiptoe and pecking him softly on the lips. There was a knock on the door and she fixed her top which had riden up. "Come in," She groaned, swatting him as he nibbled on her earlobe, obviously oblivious to the person who had entered the room.

Madeline smiled at the two of them, used to their hormonal butts having to be the unfortunate one to catch them on more than one ocassion. "Sorry to interrupt but I was asked to deliver this personally. Gary sends his congratulations," In her hands were two envelopes and she handed them over, leaving the room without another word.

"Do you really think this is it this time?" She asked as he used the letter opener on his envelope while she practically ripped hers to shreds. She scanned the document, reading only the important bits. As with all goverment documents there were more pages of useless information than ones that applied to the person in question.

"The state of Florida would like to congratulate you on becoming the parents of Nell Kaitee Hartford...yada...yada...yada," Despite half reading the rest of the document, she was in tears as she read it.

"Alex, what does yours say?" She asked realizing his envelope contained two letters. She would've sworn that he was going to pass out but from the smile on his face, his document had said the exact same thing that hers had.

"Alex?" She asked again realizing he wasn't speaking. Instead he just smiled at the two letters...a very goofy koolaid smile indeed. She snapped her fingers and he finally came out of his trance. "What does your letter say?"

"I'm not just Alex anymore baby. I'm somone's dad," He kissed her passionately, holding her so close that they felt like one person instead of two people. She saw tears in his eyes but said nothing, seeing how happy he was with the information on the letter.