Crazy Love

Floating a few hundred feet above Lena's balcony, I waited for her to arrive. Even after the beautiful night we shared, I still wondered if she could really love me. I held her gift in my hand, a hand-written letter from long ago, and looked down at the massive bunch of white roses and Bells of Ireland resting on the balcony's edge. I would never confess to Lena just how far I had to travel to find her favorite flowers.

When she stepped out onto the balcony, she scooped up the bouquet in her arms and looked all around. I knew she was excited. She hadn't removed her mask.

"Kara! Where are you?"

I floated down, still masked myself, and dressed in my costume from the masquerade, hovering just outside of the balcony wall.

"Hello, my queen."

Lena set the flowers down on the table and extended her arms out to me.

"Come here, please."

I floated down onto the balcony and stood only inches away from the love of my life. My heart raced. She slipped her arms around my neck, and I pulled her close, careful not to squeeze her too tight. My love knew no limit, but my super strength could crush her. Still, I was incapable of hurting her. The moment our eyes met, I wanted to be delicate. I wanted to kiss her gently. I buried my face in her neck for a moment, appreciating the sweet sensation of freedom I found in her embrace. When I pulled back and looked at my Luthor, I knew I was home. I knew I would never want for another thing if she was mine.

"Lena, I need to confess something. That, and give you a very special gift."

Lena placed a hand over my heart and beamed. Her smile filled me with pure joy.

"The flowers are gorgeous, Kara. I have you. I don't need any gifts. I just need you, my love."

She pressed two fingers to my lips, and then she kissed me, feather soft.

Her kiss filled me with such intense warmth and light. I could barely breathe. I pulled back and gently brushed the back of my fingertips against her cheek.

"I need to read you something. I'm sure you're wondering how and why I was at the masquerade tonight. I came to see you at L-Corp the other night and overheard you and Sam talking."

Lena pulled back for a moment. I was terrified that she would be angry about my lapse in judgement.

"You did? Oh God. You heard everything?"

Lena moved her hands to her mouth, and I couldn't help but smile. She was adorable. The blush that spread across her alabaster cheeks gave me a glimpse into what it must have been like to see her as an embarrassed child. I rubbed my cheek against hers and held her closer.

"You were sweet and honest, and I am so sorry I encroached on your privacy. I overheard you saying how badly you wanted me to come to the masquerade. It broke my heart that you were afraid to ask."

Lena moved her hand to my neck and looked deep into my eyes.

"Please don't let my trepidation offend you. I only pretend to be the big bad Luthor. The thought of losing you is more terrifying to me than any villain who comes to National City. I didn't want to lose you if you didn't want to come. I didn't want to make the wrong move and push you away."

I shook my head and kissed her cheek.

"You will never lose me, Lena. Never. I don't think you know what you mean to me. I am yours. I've been racking my brain trying to find a present that might show you just how much I love you."