CHP.1. SCHOOL

At School......

"Hey, you coming to the woods tomorrow?" Lily said as she walked to her class. "Yea sure but we need to stop by and get some slushies at the liquor store!" I said across the hall. "Okay!" she said back and walked into her classroom. I walked into mine as well and took a seat as I tried to make it through the boring class lesson. After Just 30 mins of being there, I felt my eyes start to get droopy. I tried to fight the sleepiness but of course, it won and I laid my head down on my desk and everything went black.

I hear my name being called faintly but I paid no attention. I heard it over and over again but still paid no attention until I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Miss. Barnes?" Mr. Wilson said as I began to lift my head up. "Miss. Barnes? It's time to go and I think your friend is waiting for you outside the class," he said as he walked back to his desk. "I'm so sorry Mr. Wilson I promise I will get my work done I apologize," I said grabbing my things and hurrying out of the class.

"Dang girl, what took so long?" Lily said as we began to walk through the halls. "I slept through the whole lesson is what happened! OMG, my parents are gonna kill me for that." I said with worry as we reached the crosswalk waiting for the red hand to turn into a white walking person. A few seconds later it did. We kept quite enjoying the view of where we lived in Boston. It was nice.

Once I entered the house after hugging my friend goodbye I was greeted by kisses from my dog Ruffus. He's a chocolate lab. We got him when he was a puppy. Now he's about 6 or 7 years old. "Hello sweetie!" my mom called from the kitchen. "Hi, mom! Is dad home yet?" I asked since he's been coming home late nowadays because of a case he had with this man. "No. Not yet but I do want a dinner set when he comes home though so if you don't mind will you set the table please?" she asked and I nodded, grabbing the table mats and placing them along with utensils and plates. We only needed 3 plates because I am an only child and we never had family or friends over.

30 minutes later....

My father came through the door and Ruffus was kissing him all over and my dad leaned over to kiss my mom on the cheek. "Hey guys, is dinner ready? I'm starving!" He said as he sighed and took a seat at the table as my mom came around and served us dinner which was lasagna and salad. We stayed quiet the whole time all that you could hear was chewing and drinking. "I'm done," I said and got up from my chair to walk over to the sink and wash my dish.

1 Hour After Dinner....

I had taken a quick shower and put on a pair of some warm comfy sweatpants and a hoodie. I sat down on my bed and opened my laptop, finishing up some assignments from a day ago. Once I was done I went to search for pocket knives and pepper spray because I never felt safe around my neighborhood, sure it was quiet and lonely but that's all that it needed to be sketchy so I purchased them they would get here on June 4. I closed my laptop and went on my phone to text Lily at what time to meet each other after school. "Hey, where are we going to meet after school?'' I texted. "Well I agreed to help out student council put up some decorations in the cafeteria so maybe we can meet at the liquor store?'' she texted back. "Okay that's fine I will pay for our stuff so we can just walk on the trail to the woods'' I texted. "Are you sure I don't want you paying?'' she texted. "Yes, it's fine end of discussion! GOODNIGHT!" I texted lastly. "Alright, fine. Goodnight" She texted me.

After I was done texting Lily I went downstairs to get a glass of water because I knew I would get thirsty later. I walked over to the cupboard and got a glass and went over to the fridge and pressed the glass to the push button on it. I watched as it filled slowly. To the rim, I heard a noise coming from outside. I felt like I was being watched and I felt cold chills run down my spine. I looked over my shoulder and saw the branches of the tree outside the house moving. Maybe I was just paranoid. Or was I.