Lies

Hi guys, thank you for the reading so far!

Sorry, it took me a little over a month to write this chapter. I had a couple important scripts to write and it took time. Don't worry, I'll be uploading the next few chapters right after each other so stay tuned.

Like, comment, follow, do all of it! Would love know what you think. Hope everyone's doing alright as you're reading this, love you.

Music Suggestion: Empty Note by Ghostly Kisses

Thomas L/n was predominantly strict on a normal day. My mother described him as a quiet man consumed by the weight of his responsibilities. I didn't see him during the day and during the few hours of the night, he'd eat and go to bed. Conversations with my father were limited and that was the norm.

Before the nightmare day, my days were forcefully spent helping Mom run errands. She was warm and loving, and on occasion, stern. She's still somewhat the same, though age grants her more affection now. Noah is the one noticeable change. As kids, he was my friend, brother, and teacher. Until his 14th birthday, Dad started taking him to Wall Sina to experience responsibility in a work environment. Over the years, Noah rarely had time to play with me anymore. Work seemed to alter his personality as it did my father's. Just like that, my friendship with Noah faded to strictly brother and sister. 

I never left the house without him, Mom, or Dad to accompany me and I was only strictly allowed to play in the yard next to the house alone. Soon, I even had to be extra quiet when Lily had kids. Most of my time, I spent alone. I despised it. The loneliness. I feared it. I could feel my heart ache every time I had to play alone. But It's different now. I'd gotten used to it and a while later, I found extreme freedom in solitude. At the time, playing with Noah mattered the most. Just knowing that I'm visible was important.

Then that nightmare morning, Noah and Dad arrived home earlier than usual. They even had a balloon for me to play with. Dad helped mon cook lunch, while Noah and I finally played. We laughed so hard I'm sure Lily and all her kids woke up but neither of us cared. This was right before Wall Maria was attacked and messed everything up again.

Levi's questions replay in head, tricking my memory of the nightmare. I usually only get a few glimpses at a time. Now the entire nightmare replays at once following the same exact sequence. Noah and I fled from our house, we ran to the vessel taking us further into Wall Rose, and there we found Mom. Over and over again, this vividly repeats but stops at one part, my father. One moment he's in the titan's other hand, another he's not. I averted my eyes too soon as Lily was being devoured and now, I have no visual proof of what actually happened to my father.

Consciously I wake up as the sun shines bright on my face and lazily, I adjust to opening my eyes. My hearing kicks in, a deep giggle reverberates around the room.

Catching a mere glimpse of who it is, I jolt up, "Hange! What are you doing here?"

She stands crazy-eyed before me with her hand over her mouth suppressing a giggle, "I'm so happy for you!"

Afraid of what she's getting at, I quickly get up and notice a blanket over me that surely wasn't there last night, "Uhh...Why? It's not what you think..."

Hange excitedly nods, "Do you need help walking?"

"What?! Hush! I'm fine," I swat her hand away and stand up to make a silly face at Hange's dirty thinking. Unfortunately, nothing actually happened.

The door opens and Levi enters with two cups of tea, he stops short of seeing Hange, "Four-eyes."

My eyes shoot to the two cups of tea. Two cups. Two. It's no coincidence. Definitely, one of them is for me. My heart's jumping at the gesture. I stop myself from taking this too far, neither of them can know I'm blushing.