18 .Not Too Late

(Liyana's POV)

My little fingers failed to cover his warm wrist as a whole  . My icy fingers felt his touch for the first time . His wrist was warm and strong .

'SHITT Yaar ...What am I going to say now!...Why Did I held his hand ?.!

I slid my fingers off his wrist . He leaned wrapping his fingers along the length of the table.
I stared down at his hands . It seems strong and a few of his veins stood off his skin .

"hmm?"
He hummed totally quizzed . He was waiting for me to say out .
I was confused and exhausted.

'What should I say ?'

"Say it Liyana.."
He said in his warm concerning voice .

"I-I ...I'm ..I don't know .I-I'm not able to understand "
I stuttered without looking into his charcoal black eyes .

"What ? what is the thing you don't understand? "
He paused and straightened himself.
"Tell me only if you believe that I can help you in it "

I offered him the seat across me without locking my eyes with him . He took my offer without any hesitation . He sat against looking at me, waiting for me to say out something.

'No..I'm not ready to say out my feelings to him ..Because I'm not sure. .I have feelings for him. ..But What if it's just infatuation or a silly crush..And what if it's  love .I'm it's too early to say it ...even it's not too late '

I tapped my nails across the wooden table involuntarily. I sighed out loudly.

"Liyana tell me only if you want to"
He said consoling my tension little by little.

My name from his sinless lips made me more worse.

I nodded .And looked at him after gathering up my irrelevant courage.
He was still looking at me with expectations . I wet my lips and say out how confused I was . I lowered my gaze .

I always wanted a reliable silent listener in my life to open up myself totally . And now I got him .

"So...I mean.. I don't know how it feels to be in love . Maybe it 'll be angelic at it may sucks-"
Before I could complete He spoke up .

"No. It never sucks. Love never sucks Liyana"
He corrected

"Okay.."
I muttered.

"You can continue while you have it "
He said leaning forward gesturing to my plate .

"Oh.!"
I took a spoon full of pastry and tugged it in mouth slowly  .

"Do you ...I mean..."
I stammered.

  I closed my eyes  tightly and wet my lips. I opened my eyes and looked at him

"Are you single ?"
I asked out at one breath .

'Damn Yaar I messed it . I should run away from him.... '

I bit my lips and waited for his reaction.  He seemed surprised.  He stared at me with disbelief.  Silence filled the aromatic wind .

"um...Yes... I'm single...But Why? "
He asked at last breaking the silence.

I don't know what to reply . I gave a nervous smile . I leaned and took another gulp of pastry avoiding his glare on me.

Silence ate my confidence . When he saw me out of response. He sighed .

"So...why did you cry that day ?"
He asked cooling me down.

"Which day ? I mean I cry alot ...I cry almost daily for silly reasons. Being honest I am a cry baby"
I chuckled while stating it honestly.

"Wow..!  But that day I didn't felt that you were crying for a silly reason "
He stated .

"which day ? I was crying the both day I saw you"
I stated sipping my drink.

"Really I want know about both . But let me know about The second  day maybe . Because that day you looked so worn out "
He said with his concern.

"Loooooong story"
I said lagging  playfully.

"I  have time to listen and even you have"
He said narrowing at Shaan And Vanessa who were busy doing their stuffs.

I smiled at him .
"umm...Here I have a friend .And he is good and he behaves nice to me . He have feelings for me . But I don't have . One day he came to my house and we once we met accidentally at the our school on a non working day .  He is popular in our batch . So. ..rumours popped up like an atom bomb and spoiled my whole day . So I said him to keep a safe distance with me but he decided to end up our whole contact. And now he wants to keep friendship with me . I was confused at first but at last I  decided to stay with him as just friends"

I stopped blabbering and looked up at him. As I said once I was too talkative.

'Why did I  share these with him ? ...Why is he interested in knowing about these?... '

He listened everything keenly and said

"You did right Liyana. You neither hurt him nor you stayed down . You stood firmly on your decision "
He appreciated me.

I smiled at him finishing off my drink.

"So tell me about the first one "
He said in a sudden .

After some minutes of silence I decided to speak up.

" the day when I met you for the first time at my crowded bus?"

I said playfully cleaning away the unclear environment between us .

"It 'll be the first day when you saw me . But I have seen you even before that. To our surprise you were crying that day too"

He spoke with a smile crossing his arms across his strong chest .He leaned backwards facing me.

I was surprised . Even after being engulfed by surprise I didn't forget to admire his one and  only dimple. 

"You have seen me before !..When ? How? ...Was I looking good at that time ?..What am I asking obviously I should be looking like ugly witch with all those runny nose and teary eyes"

I stopped myself from talking beyond this .

"You are talkative! "
He chuckled showing off his deep dimple.
He leaned forward releasing his arms over his chest .

"You were not looking that worse . I can prove it "

He stated driving his dark charcoal eyes to his phone .

I was confused.  I was not nervous anymore.  because he was comfortable and reliable.

He showed his phone to me .
I was astonished.  I held breath back . I stared at it with my eyes wide enough.

My photo ! I was sitting on a lawn with my elbows on my knees . I looked so worn out and depressed . I tried to remember myself in that dress. I was wearing jeans and short top in the pic . My wound on my hand in the photo struck me . I recollected my poor memory .

'Yeah ! The day when Shaan left '

"where did you get that photo from  ? "
I asked completely quizzed with my eyes still on his phone.

I snatched his phone and zoomed the photo.

"That's me"
I muttered without locking his gaze with mine.

I accidentally swiped and another photo showed up . My breathe hitched seeing it . He was right we have seen each other before .

(to be continued...)
-----------------------------------------------------

Luv uu guyzz❤

Comments plzz😀

HIT THE STAR BUTTON 😊

Stay tuned☺
❤️Aalam