In The Rain

Bill's POV
Running. That was all I could do. The rain hitting my face felt like punches into my nose. Like nails on a chalkboard. Like someone slowly grinding their teeth together. But I was still running. My thoughts were falling just like the rain above me. Where is Collin? Does he even listen? Or care? Is he dying out in this weather? Did he make it? Or stay? All of a sudden, I halted. My thoughts blew away along with the wind. Into a different direction. West. Where Laura's house was. I knew that she was always getting into things. And getting into Collin's mess would really kill her. God I remembered how crazy she makes me at that moment. I started running toward her house. The sun was clearer heading west. It was a glorious sight. Even better than when I first met Collin. I only started following Collin was because of the little dame he had with him. He knew I was an angel though. The first one he met. And he wanted to see how tough I was. Tough enough to make him crazy. What really drove him in the ground was Ash. Poor Ash had no idea though. Collin even dropped his girl because he was crazy. That was when we came to London. If none of that had happened I wouldn't have been standing in the rain outside of Laura's house. Just at that very moment I felt just as crazy as poor Collin.
"Laura!" I shouted as the rain started dripping off my nose, "Laura!"
She came out of the house with her coat over her head. She ran over to me and had the opposite expression that I was expecting.
"You idiot, get in the house!" She said teasingly. She never was mean to me or even Collin. I've been in the rain much too long. It was the same rain falling on Collin and I could tell.
"I love you, Laura."
"Come on Will, get in the house." She laughed a little.
"Can't do that. Tell me you love me and then I gotta run. Collin-" I couldn't tell her about Collin. That would ruin her mindset completely.
"Get in the damn house-"
"Tell me." I never have shown affection toward a woman I really loved. And Laura has never told me she loved me. She still hasn't. Instead she walked over to where I was standing and stepped on my toes. I was confused and stopped paying attention. Next thing I know she's touching my lips with her's and were both wet from the still rain that became heavier on us. But we didn't care one bit. Afterward, I began running back in the same direction. I shouted into the mist of the rain, "I coming back Collin! We're gonna make it. Were gonna make it home to Scotland."