ch.1| on the road

The Where We Are Tour had begun not long ago, the five boys excited as ever to be back on stage in front of thousands of people.

They were now venturing the second leg of the tour - Europe. Already they'd visited Dublin and Sunderland, now they were finishing the last couple days in Manchester.

The crowds had been mind-blowing, people screaming and crying, singing and shouting to the lyrics as if it was the last thing they'd do.

There was never a time where the boys got used to it, every new stadium brought a wave of nerves but ended with joy and a massive sense of proudness.

The next plan was to start travelling to Edinburgh, the boys were told it'd take roughly four to five hours, depending on both the traffic and how many times they stopped along the way.

However, as the boys began tidying up the bus and sorting out their belongings, Harry began to feel ill. Truth was, he'd had a headache since their concert finished the night before, but he guessed it was because of the loud crowds and thought that having a nights rest would do him good.

What he wasn't expecting was the ever so slowly creeping sensation of his headache returning. It hit him all at once and he had to stop for a moment to sit with his head in his hands.

"Are you alright?" Louis asked, moving towards Harry, rubbing a gentle hand on his back.

"Yeah, just my head hurts a bit is all." Harry mumbled, just the sound of his own voice making him want to curl up into a ball.

"Oh," Louis said softly, voice quietened down now that Harry revealed he had a headache, "I'll get you something."

Harry only nodded, and when Louis returned with a glass of water and a couple capsules of medication, he gave him a weak smile.

"Thanks love." He took the pills quickly, drinking half of the water before placing it down on the table in front of him.

Louis pressed a quick kiss to his forehead, wrapping him in a half hug, "you can sit out with the cleaning for a bit of you want."

Harry shook his head, "no, its fine. I'm fine, honestly, just give me a second."

Louis could only frown as Harry stood up, exhaling a sigh before going back to cleaning his section of the bus.

* * *

It was later on when the boys were all enjoying a movie — some sort of action movie that Niall had been wanting to watch for a while — that Harry noticed a negative change in his unwell feeling.

His stomach was beginning to cramp, churning awfully beneath his fingertips as he tried to massage his skin carefully. It wasn't great at all, and every so often he had to forcefully smile, just to stop the looks of grimace forming over his face every time his abdomen gave a sharp jab.

Louis was sat beside him, curled into his side. More than often the two sat like this, comfortable in each others presence. The boys never seemed to mind, "just keep the pda to a minimum." Liam would warn, or, "as long as you're not fucking on the couch you're fine." Zayn would laugh.

Liam and Niall sat in one corner of the bus, eyes glued to the screen, bodies seeming to twitch with every wow moment, or whenever someone got killed.

Zayn sat with a book in his hands, alternating between watching the movie and reading the 764 pages he'd told them about, as the tv screen lit up the room just enough for him to see the words along the paper.