Her

Songs:
-She by Harry Styles
-I Hear A Symphony by Cody Fry
-i been dancing in my room by omgkirby
-Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
-Walking on Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves

June 27th, 1970

Dahlia Rogers was perfect. Bucky knew that before he truly knew her, before they fell in love, from the moment that he first saw her.

She danced in the rain, splashing and giggling as yellow car headlights lit up the road, silhouetting her figure. They highlighted the way her dress clung to her golden brown skin, the way her jet black, curly hair was slicked back, dripping water as she stared up at the clouds. When she turned and her violet-blue eyes met his, his breath caught in his throat. He'd never been so taken aback by such imperfect perfection. She looked messy and bright and beautiful and so, so unladylike, but he loved it so much.

She saw him and quickly straightened, her eyes traveling to his side, where her brother stood with a frown on his face. "Lia, we talked about this." Steve Rogers muttered, rushing forward and opening an umbrella over her head.

Her smile faded away and Bucky bit the inside of his lip, still unable to take his eyes off her. "I was careful, Stevie. I stayed away from the road and I even put out a towel. I've only been out here for a few minutes."

The blond narrowed his eyes at her. "How long are a few minutes, Dahlia?"

She bit her lip, holding back a smile. "Since it started raining." The noirette giggled and Bucky's heart almost burst. Her eyes met his again and he fought so hard to steel himself, flashing a charming grin that caused a small smile to pull at Dahlia's lips. "Friend of yours?" She asked Steve, still looking at Bucky.

"Hey, hey, back off." Steve furrowed his eyebrows together, "That's my best friend you're about to start flirting with."

Dahlia smiled and put her hands up in surrender. "I was just saying hi!" She laughed.

"James Bucky Barnes." 

Bucky extended his hand for her to shake and she looked down. His hand was big, each finger with bulky rings sitting elegantly on them. She took his warm hand, only then realizing just how big his hand really was. Her fingers looked like those of a child in his and she almost giggled at that.

He quirked an eyebrow, letting go of her hand. "Something funny?"

She shook her head. "I've heard a lot about you from my brother." 

Dahlia stared up at him with big, innocent eyes and his breath hitched. He was so much taller than her, just bigger than her in general. She'd always thought that Steve was built like a freaking bodyguard. Seeing Bucky standing there, almost taller and more muscular than Steve, made her feel like she was actually just small, even though she was average height for a girl her age.

"I'm sorry I haven't met you till now. My parents keep me inside the house most of the time and Steve doesn't exactly love having me tag along when he's with his friends."

"I didn't say that, Lia." Steve grabbed her shoulder, pulling her into his chest and making her laugh. "I just said that you should hang out with your own friends. Mine aren't so great."

"Hey, now, I'm right here, Steve." Bucky shook his head and smiled.

"Here, come inside, both of you," Dahlia said quickly, jumping away from under the umbrella and grabbing her towel as they neared the porch, "Do you like tea?" She asked Bucky, who smiled and nodded.

"Tea sounds wonderful."

*****

Steve was saying something to Bucky, but he couldn't focus, his thoughts constantly wandering to the humming coming from the kitchen. "Buck?" The brunette snapped out of his trance, his eyes snapping to meet Steve's. He realized at that moment that he'd been staring at the doorway to the kitchen like he was crazy. Or waiting for something. Or someone.