A/N

Hello! Welcome. There are a few things you should know before you begin. Firstly, Dahlia Rogers is adopted. Secondly, this au takes place in the 1970s, where Joseph and Sarah Rogers are still alive and superheroes don't exist. Thirdly, Steve's family is really well off and Bucky's family is... well, nonexistent. Steve and Bucky met when they were younger and practically grew up together just like in the MCU. Steve isn't skinny in this. In fact, it's quite the opposite. He's basically been post-serum Steve all his life lol. Also, for the sake of the story, flip phones exist! I know it's 1970, but whatever. If Howard Stark was making flying cars in 1940, there are flip phones in 1970! There will be other marvel characters in here!

I got all of my research information from either google or my dad or my mom, and I tried to make it as accurate as possible. My dad is honestly probably annoyed about how many questions I've asked him about typewriters and washing machines and music and cars. 

Additionally, there might be some suggestive content, so be warned. As for NSFW, it never goes beyond kissing or touching. If they have sex, I won't go into any real details because I want this to be as fluffy as possible.

Also, Dahlia Rogers is an OC of mine, so please don't steal her. Please don't bully her either. She's what I aspire to be lmao. Her relationship with Bucky is meant to be a kind of vent on my part, a fantasy if you will. I wrote this mainly because I wanted to picture Bucky in a relationship and it ended up being me pouring out my heart's desire into a book, so most of it isn't MEANT to appease a specific audience. That being said, I think this is one of my favorite works yet and I think a lot of you Marvel fans might really like it!

For the record, Dahlia Rogers is Indian. Both of her biological parents were Indian. I did this because I haven't seen enough South Asian representation in tv, movies, or books, so I did it mYsELf lol. "Fine, I'll do it myself." 

HJDHSKJAHDKASJDHSKJA NO I'M KIDDING. ANYWAYS.

For the sake of you guys and my own pitiful visualization, I created a Pinterest board titled "Daredevil" with anything described in each chapter. My user is akiralisian. There are settings and clothes and pictures of the characters (besides Dahlia, bc that's up to your imagination). The first picture of the girl with curly hair, just look at the curly hair. Dahlia doesn't look like that. I also created a Spotify playlist called Daredevil with some songs that reminded me of the book and helped me write. It's called Daredevil and it should say by Akira. These are all things you can do if you want to, but you absolutely don't have to if you don't want to. I just made them for my listening and viewing pleasure and I'm letting you guys in on it (ig) if you want to. Each chapter has a few songs from the playlist linked at the top that go along with the chapter.

Updates will be every Friday, usually in the evening, whenever I get time to post. I love your comments, so PLEASE comment and vote and share. :)

TRIGGER WARNING: IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO SEXUAL ASSAULT, VIOLENCE, BLOOD, BRUISES, EMOTIONAL ABUSE, DRINKING, KISSING, SMOKING, OR ABUSE, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO EXIT THE STORY.

Ily guys. Enjoy.