JimiCult x Reader [Wrong Number]

[Fluff]

[Requested by: MyOvenWontWork (I think it was them)

[Reader can be any gender]

[Words: 5745]

[Summary: Jimi tries to talk to a girl and she ends up giving him a fake number, that fake number turned out to be yours]

[This was written by my friend cause I couldn't focus so please go check out his works if you like this chapter - _CarrotStikcs_ ]

-CHAPTER GO WOOOO-

Jimi stood nervously, fumbling around with the collar of his shirt as the girl in front of him writing down the combination of numbers on the slip of paper she had pulled out from her purse moments ago. Once done, she clicked her pen shut and stuffed it back in her purse, handing the note to Jimi between two fingers. He took it and stared at it for a moment before laughing uncomfortably and thanked the girl. Strolling off out to his van, he slipped the note in one of his pockets and opened the door to his van.  'What an embarrassing encounter. I hope I didn't freak her out that badly.' He thought to himself as he started the ignition and began to drive back home. Or well, at least to the Cult residence since his van was where he stayed. Switching off his headlights as he pulled into the dirt patch his van usually sat at, he rolled up his van's window, feeling cold. Then, turning back behind himself he craned his neck down to grab his jacket that was under the seat. Once he did so, he pulled it on and then zipped it up, taking a looking at the front window. It must've already been late, it was pitch black out. As Jimi became aware of his surroundings, he felt uncomfortable

Wondering what to do to rid of this feeling he stood up out of the driver's seat and went to sit down towards the back of his van, sprawling himself out and laying there with one of his vans lights on from the inside. That felt a twinge better. As he sat there and scrolled aimlessly, he remembered the note. Should he text her at such a late hour? Maybe she was still at the party anyway so she wouldn't mind. But Jimi didn't want to bother her with conversation just in case. So, he just decided he'd text her and let her know that he had a nice time with her. He carefully, punched in the numbers on the slip of paper in his hands, looking back at it every so often to see if anything was mistyped. Once he did that, he went to his messages and typed out his message about how he had a nice time with the girl. As he hit send, he set his phone aside, not expecting to get a message right away.  Just as he had thought this, his phone buzzed. He looked at it, reluctantly picking it up. Why was he so nervous? If anything, this was just a girl he had met while out. Still, Jimi broke out in a cold sweat as he went to his messages to read what the number had sent. Oddly, the recipient didn't seem to have any idea what Jimi was talking about. Jimi texted the message clarifying they had met at a gathering, thinking the girl was just drunk or something. As he sent this, he got a reply back fairly quickly saying that Jimi had the wrong number. Jimi looked around himself for the paper and took another look at it and then at the numbers in the phone. They matched up perfectly.

'Weird.' Jimi thought. He sent a message, asking about the gathering to which the other person denied ever going or even knowing about it. Jimi sighed as he came to realize the girl must've given him a phony number. So he really did blow his chance. He moved the phone closer to him and began typing once more, apologizing for the miscommunication. He sat there, not blinking as he waited for the other to reply. Surprisingly, they weren't mad or annoyed just as Jimi had thought. Instead, as Jimi read out the response in his head, he found they actually were glad he had sent a message. Even if it was by accident.

":I was actually quite bored tonight, it's nice to have someone to talk to."

Jimi smiled at this and sent a message back, asking the responder some things about themselves.  "