Fourteen

Chloe sat in the car with Max and sighed. Max looked at her. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

Chloe looked to him and rolled her eyes. "Tell you what? Huh? It was one night and I didn't tell you. I didn't tell you because I was scared. And I didn't think to tell you because I didn't even know how to contact you. It was a mess and I'm sorry," she said.

Max sighed as he looked to her. "Look. What's done is done. It will be okay. We will make it work. She's my daughter and I want to get to know her," Max told her.

Chloe nodded as she looked at the floor. "Yeah. I don't have a problem with that. I mean, she's your daughter. And I want her to know who you are. I want Alexa to know her dad," Chloe said.

Max smiled. He looked into her eyes. "Alexa... it's a pretty name," he said as they held a look.

"I have to sort some stuff out. But we will sort it. I promise," Chloe said as Max placed a hand on her cheek. She smiled slightly. "I should go."

Max nodded. Chloe stood from the car and sighed. She knew that there was still something there when it came to her and Max. Knowing that she still had to sort it out.

****

Chloe got back to school and smiled as she saw Ensley who was stood in the corridor. "Hey. Where you been?" She asked.

Chloe looked to her and smiled. "It's complicated. I met with Alexa's father. He wants to see her. I mean, I know that they both have rights to see each other. But it scares me," Chloe said.

Ensley looked to her. She smiled. "Why? I mean do you still like him?" She asked.

Chloe sighed and shrugged. She looked at the photo of Alexa on her phone. "I don't know. I mean, I could really like him. I know it's all messy. I liked him enough to sleep with him. But it's Alexa. I need to think about what's best for her. And she does deserve to know her daddy," Chloe told her.

Ensley nodded. "I know it's easier said than done. But try and forget how you feel for now. And put her first. Then who knows, maybe you and him will start something. I mean you did sleep together once upon a time," Ensley said as Chloe looked to her and nodded.

She knew Ensley had a point. And that whatever happened with her and Max, she had to take it slow. And no matter what, she had to put Alexa first.

****

Chloe sighed as she sat in the crèche with Alexa. She smiled as she held her baby girl close to her. She knew it was hard. And she knew how complicated that things were.

She was trying to her best for Alexa. And she was trying to be a good mum. But she knew it was easier said than done.

But could Chloe really co parent with Max without any complicated feelings getting in the way? Or would they start to fall for each other?