thirty-four

Long chapter ahead, and pls read the ending note :)

Mark was considered oblivious.

Everyone knew this and he himself knew that, he wasn't as confident, as affectionate and as revealing of his emotions as the other members that surround him and to be honest, he's okay with that. He's okay with the fact that people view him as the naive, oblivious yet talented boy of the group (and apparently straightest next to Jaehyun like huh?)

One thing really annoys him though, and thats when people are mean and terrorise his members, people he considers his family. Call him dumb and stupid when he's being himself, thats okay for him, but call Taeyong clumsy and Johnny ugly, he'll wish he had stuck his fist in your face.

So after seeing how heartbroken Jeno was and how down Jaemin had seemed, he got his coat, hailed a taxi and made his way to the entertainment building. Once again, call him stupid for being inconsiderate of his status in the world and the amount of paparazzi that had probably seen him, he doesn't care.

"Hyung?" It was Chenle's voice that had greeted him first. The boy looked like he had just finished vocal classes and had been waiting for him there in the lobby, just leaning against the wall. Standing next to him was Xiao Dejun.

Mark wasn't really close to Dejun, per say. They had similar friends and are close ties to each other being a part of the same Kpop group, but he and Dejun hadn't really, spoken to each other privately, he probably doesn't even have his number.

"I got your text," Chenle sniffs, holding up his phone, "So I dragged Dejun Ge with us, he knows. Though I would have dragged Yangyangie too but she's busy shopping." With that Mark raised his eyebrows.

"She?"

Both Xiaojun and Chenle exchanged glances before turning their attention back to the male.

"Yangyang's genderfluid." The Canadian blinks but nods anyways, he supports her, after all, he himself's gay. 

He wonders all of a sudden how many people actually know about this relationship and how obvious it was in the first place but he doesn't ask it, instead he runs a hand through his hair and sort out the plan he had made up in his head when he was in the taxi on the way to building.

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this." He whispers to himself and he sees from the corner of his eye, the second oldest male in the room, tilting his head in confusion.

"I'm sorry but what exactly is happening?" He asks calmly, but there was obvious confusion in his tone. The Canadian gives Chenle a look and the younger Chinese shrugs, turning towards the older male.

The youngest huffs, "We're going to talk to the head, about you know what and try to knock some sense into him."

Mark would've laughed at Xiaojun in normal situations with the way his eyes bugged out. "Are you crazy!" He whisper-yells. "Crazy," The Candian starts, "Is my life motto."

Then he and Chenle walked their way to the elevator, Xiaojun hurrying behind them.

He mayhaps short-circuited or something, but he had kicked the door open and slammed his hands on the table much to everyone's surprise.

"What in the actual fuck." Was the first words he uttered to the higher up sitting in the chair in front of him.