thirteen

Ice cream.

A very known delicacy that people eat when the weather gets too hot for liking-- when your body just wants something to counter the warm rays of the sun. The four young males find themselves in this situation, it was just early January and the boys wonder why it was already getting warm (they figured it was global warming, probably).

"I just want to say from now on, strawberry flavoured ice cream is superior." Renjun says, ignoring the scandalous look on Jaemin's face as he continues savouring the treat. The eye smile boy watches this, laughing in the process when the pink-haired turns to him in disbelief.

"Did you- Did you just hear what he said? Strawberry flavoured ice cream is not superior, never will be." Jisung silently scoots away from the fuming male, as to which Jeno counters with a chuckle.

"You're just overreacting Jaem. Strawberry tastes amazing mind you."

"I will not stand with this. That's is the most disgusting flavour next to mint chocolate."

It was Jisung's turn to give him a sordid look. He feels the three's eyes slowly turn to him and before he could even speak, Renjun beats him to it.

"Jisungie... don't tell me you like mint chocolate." The youngest decided to just stuff his face full with chocolate ice cream, ignoring the slanderous eyes directed towards him.

"It's... enjoyable."

"Jisung! And I thought you were the sane one!"

"Wait, do you really think this was a good idea." The four boys managed to sneak out of their dorm and have their own free time (courtesy of the famous Na Jaemin), the four boys ended up in a carnival, the winter carnival, and although Christmas is over, it's still a festive season.

"Well, why not? We haven't been to a carnival since like what? Pre-debut era?" Jaemin said a small smile on his face as his eyes lighten up at the sight of food stalls.

"One tiny, unimportant and totally minuscule detail," Jeno deadpans, "We're famous."

Renjun sighs, already turning around, "Come on, we can't be here, the possibility of someone seeing and recognising us is too high. Let's just go back home and watch movies."

Then he hears the oh-so pitiful sigh escape the youngest '00 liner's lips.

"Jaemin—"

"Please, Injunnie. Once in a while lets loosen up, I wanna play around." He whines eyes already glossing to achieve a sad puppy look.

"I.."

The hyungs turned their eyes to the maknae, already fidgeting from where he stood.