Chapter 22 A RIVAL

Mike pov

when I reached there, I searched and rushed to the cafeteria, I just stood at a reachable distance and calmed my nerves.
I saw Parker behind a tree as it is an open cafeteria at the side of the hospital.

I walked calm and casual, just like a daily visit here.
The people around the other table turned their attention to me. I saw them seated on a four table seat, hailey with a man besides her and Claire opposite to her and there was another empty seat besides Hailey.
They seems to be in a conversation.

Claire looked at me as I was nearing the table with surprise. I am behind Hailey now, so I reached near her and greeted her with a smile
"HI darling " I took her right hand and placed a kiss on the back of it and holding it.

She had a moment of hesitation but soon she masked with a smile and a sweet look. She in return holded my hand in hers tight.
"Hiiiii....." she even blushed and that's a surprise and development.

I just gave a subtle glance at the other two people in the table and turned back to the face I was missing so deliberately.

Third person pov

As usual Hailey was getting ready for the routine morning rounds, when she was returning after finishing it, the nurse in the counter informed her that a man was waiting in her office to meet her.

She became happy and excited at the moment , went to the room thinking that it was someone who she was missing even though she will never admit that openly.

But to her double disappointment, she didn't find Mike but found the person she doesn't want to come across with.

That is Peter or to be exact Dr.Peter her college mate and an annoying stalker who was also a colleague of her before.
How the hell did he find me???

It was the only thought going on her mind. As soon as he turned and looked at her with his wide smile, she became conscious and alert and she knows that this not gonna end any well for now.

" Hiiiii Hailey,  long time, how are you ?"
He said as if they are casual buddies and as If he didn't make her go crazy with his subtle flirting and physical harassment with his annoying reasons of accidental touches.

"Aaa....oh... hi..., I am.... am...am fine" she was stuttering and she know it is never a good idea to stay in a closed space with him, so she need to get him out , she is still at the doorway so she was thinking of a quick reasoning as he has got up and was walking towards her.

A nurse crossed her in hallway and saw her standing in the doorway, and called her for her attention.
" doctor is it not your break now, are you not going to it,"

"Ahh... yes.... yes sister I am on my way" she said with a little panic and the help of her.

With a forced smile she turn around to Peter,
" Dr.peter why ... why don't we have some coffee in cafeteria???"
I asked him hoping he would agree, to her luck he did agree.

She was maintaining her forced smile and casual talk and evading  all his touches as possible as she can.
Even if Peter is considered handsome, he is some one who can only be a handsome nightmare to her.

That is what was going on when Parker reported to his boss at that instance.
Even though she was struggling to maintain the hard atmosphere, she was still relaxed but she would never have guessed that problems are coming in combos to her.

Now ever so shining heels with an awkward ramp walk model with the tight clothed that looks like as if she was suffering from poverty, that she can't ask or afford clothes to her designer for loose clothing,  she walked straight uninvited towards Hailey table like out of blue as if she jumped out of a hospital pillar.

Hailey thought to herself that all her problem are coming in packages with extra drama as free.
"HI Dr.hailey, fancy meeting you here"
She spoke with a honey coated shrill voice and batting her eyes and exposing her skin to Peter.

"HI Ms. So called model Claire, actually you are new here,I am a daily visitor, so what brought you here?" Hailey sneered voice with a bit of sarcasm.

"Ohh just a week or two before I saw you hanging out with your self declared boyfriend,  who I was chasing but now it looks like you got yourself another hansome man here, huh , so what is the deal huh??do you really love Mike ha?"
Claire enquired her with hate and sarcasm.
Peter eyeball nearly bulged out hearing the news with the new visitor.

"Boyfriend?? Hailey you got a boyfriend??"
Peter asked Hailey with a surprise and anger lingering his tone.

Hailey turned to look at Peter and Claire and smirked a little. She is happy and jumping in her mind that she can solve both this problem in one go.
" ohh .....yes Peter I forgot to tell you. I got a boyfriend.
And to you Claire I love my boyfriend mike and this Peter he was my colleague, you can think whatever I don't care,"
She said in a cheerful voice, which shows the happy aura, though they just have a fake relationship now she didn't think it would come in handy like this.

As she was enjoying both of their annoyed and surprise reaction, someone came from behind her , she saw Mike greeting her.
She was surprised but still gave a sweet look  that shows she is happy that he came and she even blushed at the kiss on the backside of her hand.
And when he entangled their fingers and holder her hand, she responded by holding back and tighter.

But the table became silent and total awkward .
How come this is all happening at the same time ?
Please all God help me out of this !!!!!

A/n
Hiiiii guyssssss

How are you all ???
So that is all for today's update .
There goes all at one area, it Is gonna be charotic,  so hang in tight.

Hope you like it.
Thank you for reading it.
I appreciate it a lot.❤❤❤

Do comment and vote .

Stay safe .
Stay healthy.
Stay smiling. 😁😁😁😍😍😍