Damaged Screens and Blooded Knees

Times up...

[ HENRY'S POV ]

'Let's talk about this...' I say staggering back towards Charlotte, signalling for her to leave with my free hand that isn't on the zapper. I could easier shot him off us, but half of me thinks the zapper is going to die out soon, leaving us with no ammo left.

While he stands, gun in hand and another one tied down to his waist - if only I could get my hand on that, then maybe we would have some actual power against him.

'Look, we need to talk about it - you've gone too far! This chaos needs to be stopped...' I continue, my eyes never really leaving the gun. I can hear in the distance screams and yells, while sirens sound off in the air - Swellview is going to fall just like Dystopia, and I really can't have that.

'You didn't want this with Dystopia, so please, Grey, let me save my town.'

Grey's smile falters, he arm droops again like it did before, there's something off about him. The look in his eyes seem glazed over, his expression is dead and fake - a plastered smile wasn't enough to fool me. I know I'm talking nonsense to him, it was unlikely he was listening to us anyway but I had to cause so much of distraction till I could think of a better idea.

'Stop, Hart, you don't understand...' The words fall out of his mouth but they sound forced as if he's fighting against himself, 'It's all for your own good.'

Charlotte swings towards him, as he's distracted knocking the gun out his hand on to the floor. A silent but quickly ruined victory. I push myself towards him using my zapper to hit him in the stomach, which seems to slow down his movements, but not by a lot as he lunges at both of us.

Then glass shatters from behind us as the window explodes open, showering us all in shards. I clench my teeth as blood drips gently from my forehead, as I peer up at Grey - his eyes rolled back as if he was the one to control the window.

'The gun,' Charlotte whispers in the panic covering herself by her arms as the wind in the corridor picks up blowing more objects our way. The air is moving faster and faster around us, while Grey's eyes turn back to their usually colour, as he balances him self perfectly shielded from the chaos we remain in. 

 The Brunette slips under his reach racing towards the gun, furiously trying to grab the handle as it slips down the corridor. Meanwhile, I focus on Grey, as he grabs the butt of his other gun smashing it into my side, causing me to stagger back. And that's when it occurs to me, he's not fighting like he usually would - I had trained with the guy literally 2 days ago. And these moves he was using, as I grabbed him by the arm pulling it behind his back, they weren't his.

They were Blake's.

Grey's were offensive, always on the attack but he knew how to protect himself, but now he was leaving large stretches of his body unprotected. He didn't have the upper hand as much as I thought - yes, he did have a gun but he was vulnerable for attack if he didn't keep his constant fighting stance up.

Blake always said he knew all my moves which gave him the upper hand, but that goes both ways.

I wrap my hand around his shooting hand, and shove my elbow into his chest. Choking, he smiles as blood dribbles out of his slightly screwed smirk.

'Come on, Henry, is that all you've got?' Grey yells as he brings his knee up hitting my head back. My vision is blurring, not only from the concussion but also the speed of the wind, it's picking up - no wonder Charlotte is having trouble with the gun. As I go to stand up, a mug from a desk smashes into the side of my face, causing the  blood to rush further down my cheek.