Letter 9, 3/28/14

Baby girl,

I'm so, so sorry.

I listened to Dr. Rockfield today. I went out with my mind set on going out and doing some things that I used to do before you were gone.

My first idea was to go to one our favorite little cafés. You know the one? By the river? You loved that one so much. It didn't have the best coffee or pastries, but you said it was the atmosphere that made it. The homey feel of it all, with the fireplace and the quiet hustle of yet to be caffeinated people.

Some days we'd sit there for hours, and you'd people watch, sipping on your chai teas. Other times you'd read with your headphones in, disappearing into your own little world.

You'd always apologize for boring me, and I would tease you about how much of a drag you were. But really, I loved being there with you. I loved seeing you so happy and carefree. I'd choose sitting there doing nothing but watching you, over a million dollars.

Sweetheart, now its my turn to apologize from the café.

There was a girl there, who sat in our regular spot. She had light shining on her twice, once from the smile on her face and a second time from the noontime sun. Her legs were criss crossed up on the seat of the booth, shoes in a heap on the floor. And in one hand she held a mug, in the other a pencil, that scratched wildly away at a sketchbook in front of her.

Baby girl, I thought she was beautiful.

I promised that you were my one and only, and I'd never look at another girl, but something about her reminded me of you.

Its only been thirty days, I'm so terrible sweetheart, I know. You can be as mad at me as you want, I can take it. I hope you can forgive me, though, for forgetting how you're the perfect girl for a few seconds. The moment I realized, I walked out.

Please, don't be mad, please sweetheart. I love you so much. I promise I won't go back there for awhile just in case she's there, so I won't see her again, I won't  even let her cross my mind ever again.

God, I'm so sorry darling. There aren't words enough for me to apologize.

I love you,

-Jacson

(P.s. It's two days till your birthday, till the dinner with your parents. I'm afraid that they'll know that I forgot about you for those few short moments. What will they think of me? Scratch that, I already know what they'd say.

And I still haven't been able to open that envelope, it seems to haunt me though, wherever I go. Maybe soon baby girl.)

------

In celebration of 300 reads and 55 votes, I thought I'd update again! I'm really hoping that people are enjoying this as much as I am. I know that I'm a terribly inconsistent updater, but I'm trying to work on being inspired to write more!

Have a great day loves :)

-Rose x