Chapter 1

"Come on hunny its time to get up for school," my mom said from my bedroom door.

"Five more minutes," I assured her.

"Nope come on, even though you only have three days till school ends doesn't mean that you can slack off," she explained while heading towards my bed.

"Ugh, okay fine I'm up."

I'm not much of a morning person, but I'm very excited that my graduation is only a few days away. This meant that I'm one step closer to be going to my dream school, UCLA. I headed to the bathroom so that I can start getting ready for school. I decided to just wear casual clothes like jeans and a t-shirt. I didn't feel like dressing the part today. Once I got out, I went downstairs to eat some breakfast.

"Goodmorning, Magdalena," my dad said while getting his lunch ready for work.

"Goodmorning dad," I told him when reaching for a box of cheerios in one of the cabinets.

During the time I was getting my breakfast ready, my brother, Alex came to the kitchen while I was pouring the cheerios in a bowl, and decided to just snatch the box from me.

"Hey what the hell!"

"Sorry sis, this is my box of cereal get your own."

"Why don't you just get a different box of cereal, I was going to use that one."

"Nah, I'm going to stick with this one."

"Whatever." I mumbled. I just decided to grab a box of Froot Loops since this argument is pointless to even go further.

Once I got to the kitchen table, my dad headed towards the door to leave for work. He told my brother and I goodbye and to calm down. My dad has been working at an auto shop for a good 10 years and whenever he comes home late it's usually, because he goes to my uncle's house to help him on some cars. It's a good thing that I have my dad as a mechanic since he teaches me a lot about cars, and I know that I don't have to depend on any guy to help me out since I can do it on my own.

"Am I going to have to take you to school or is Rosa going to pick you up?" Alex asked while heading to the kitchen table with his bowl of cereal.

"Can you take me to school. Rosa told me that her car broke down and she's going to get it fixed soon."

"Alright then just hurry up and don't take your sweet ass time."

"Hey, I'm already done, I just need to get my bag from my room."

"I'll be waiting in the car then to heat it up in the meantime."

When I finished eating my cereal, I went to go put the bowl in the sink. I headed to my room while Alex went to start the car. Meanwhile heading to my room, I told my mom that I was going to go to school already. She gave me a kiss goodbye and told me to have a good day at school. By this time, I got inside my brother's car which was a 1980 black challenger and apparently his baby so I have to be extra careful when I get inside.

What a lame-o. I thought.

We finally reached the school after ten minutes. I got off the car and told him bye, which he then waved.

I was heading to my locker to get my stuff ready for first period until someone bumped into me who I guess was running away from someone. I just shrugged it off since I saw my best friend Rosa already waiting for me by my locker with a big smile on her face.

"Someone looks very happy today." I assured her while opening my locker.

"I'm just very excited that school is almost over. I can't believe we're finally graduating high school, I didn't think that I was going to make it. Thanks by the way for helping me in math,Trigonometry is not my subject." Rosa said.

Before I was going to respond back to Rosa, I felt someone come up behind me and scared me. I jumped up and the way I screamed might have broken a few windows around us.

I turned around to see who it was and it was my other best friend, Brody. I decided to smack him in the chest. He should know by now that if someone sneaks up on me, I use my quick reflexes on anyone. I seriously mean anyone.

"Ow, you are going to leave a bruise now," Brody whined while rubbing his chest.

"Well you should not have done that since you know that you will most likely get smacked."

"Eh, I just wanted to do it for the heck of it."

Rosa just stood there laughing from our little confrontation. I just stuck my tongue out to Rosa and gave Brody a look to let him know that if he does it again we'll see what happens. He notices but decides to give me a hug because he realized my plan. Rosa, Brody, and I go way back, we have known each other since we started Kindergarten. We comprehend each other on what we are thinking before we even say it.

"Like I was about to say until this dumbass decided to scare me." Brody started moping. "I told you that you were capable of passing the class, you just had to believe in yourself."

Right when I told this to Rosa, the first bell rang signaling us students that we had to go to our first period class. Luckily I had Rosa with me in Government whereas Brody had Engineering for first. Once Rosa and I got inside our Government class, we greeted to our teacher Mr. Rodriguez and sat in our seats. Afterward the second bell rang and Mr. Rodriguez started going over the study guide that he gave us for our final. During the time he was talking, someone came inside the classroom as if the class hadn't started yet and everyone stared to see who it was. It was if I remember his is name, Nehemiah Smith.

"Well Mr. Smith I see that you are late again in my class and interrupted my teaching, I am giving you a detention for afterschool." Mr. Rodriguez explained.

I turned to face Rosa, who seemingly was doodling in her notebook. I rolled my eyes, thats typical of Rosa to do. Then I looked back to see Nehemiah just shrugging it off as if it was no big deal to him on getting a detention. Once he sat down to his seat, Mr. Rodriguez continued from where he left off. I on the other hand didn't want to bother and just continued highlighting on what was important to study for the final. I have to study hard on this final considering that if I don't get a good score then it's bye bye UCLA.

*****************************************

Hello there. This is my very first book. Hope you guys enjoy this story. This is just the beginning, and there is a lot more to come. :)