-Chapter 2-

Tuesday, March 2nd 20XX
9:56 pm

"Are we friends?"

Tom was surprised by this question. "What -?" Tom stopped himself to think for a second. "What do you mean?"

Tord looked around the room as if searching for something "well since we met you weren't friendly at all. You were actually a dick" he points at Tom "no matter how friendly I tried to be... " he sighed "so I was wondering if that changed"

Tom scratches the back of his neck unsure how to answer "well... I" he thinks what would Edd and Matt want him to say and he finally speaks up "yeah... Something like that"

Tord smiles gently "you're a horrible liar" he stood up "that's all I needed to ask you" he opens the door for him "don't want you wasting your precious time" he says passive-aggressively.

Tom looked at him not even sure how to answer so he just walked out, the door shutting behind him. he went straight to the living room where Edd and Matt were watching tv. "So I think I screwed up with the kid?" Tom sits down "What do you mean,Tom." Edd said it more as a statement than a question "well" says Tom "he asked me if we were friends, I tried to lie and say yes but he saw right through me. Welp messed that up. Don't care" he shrugs

"Tom! You should've tried to convince him!" Matt shakes him "Matt I tried. Plus we never had a normal relationship. And we're never, ever gonna have one. He will get used to it" he rolls his eyes "Yes but this is not the Tord we now know. You don't even know how Tord was in that time!" Edd crosses his arms

"ha? Of course, I know I was there?" Tom looks at him confused "were you?" Matt asks "the whole time you just spent hating his guts" Tom stands up "I'm not going to sit here and listen to this... Whatever this is. If you two want to babysit him go ahead. I have better things to do." he goes to his room and slams the door behind him

He takes Susan in his hands and looks at her "Susan can you believe them?" he starts playing some songs that first come to mind. He sat there playing for 3 hours straight. After a while, he finally put her down. "That was good" he smiles. He changes into more comfortable clothes by that I mean pajamas. They were quite cute pajamas, the top part was just a black t-shirt but bottoms! The bottoms were adorable. They had harpoons and whales in all sorts of colors. The whole rainbow was there. Anyhow, Tom goes to the kitchen to see Edd and Tord talking and laughing.

"Hey Tom," Edd says paying him no attention "hey." he says quickly before going to take something from the fridge. "welp I'm heading to bed you guys have fun" Edd waves. Tord quickly panics and tries to stop Edd but he's already gone "SO-" Tord tries to make the situation less awkward "you play the guitar now?" Tom takes the milk out of the fridge "first of all BASS. second yes" he pours the milk into cereal. Tord looks at the bowl as he sits on the counter "so you have piercings?" Tom looks at him "what's your deal kid? Can't you see I just want to eat my cereal without your ass asking me questions every two seconds"

Tord rolls his eyes "well fuck me I guess for trying to be nice. After 8 years of knowing me I thought you would be I don't know decent? But guess I was wrong" he crosses his arms "the fuck do you mean? And don't act like some angel. You can't just poof here and act like you know everything about me and my friends" he glares at him, Tord jumps off the counter, getting closer to him while poking his chest "fuck you. I've been nothing but nice to you when we met. And you've been a total asshole for no reason."

Tom clenches his fists "no reason? NO REASON? You tried to STEAL my friends." "WHEN THE FUCK DID I TRY TO DO THAT?" Tom takes him by the collar "don't act stupid. Everybody knew. You excluded me from all the fun activities you 3 did together. So of course I wasn't a fan" he holds him so tightly he almost started ripping his hoodie "but you were just an annoying spoiled brat when we met I couldn't stand you and I still can't." he lest him go "you make me sick."

Tord stares at him in shock. This was normal for Tom. He and Tord fought like that all the time but this wasn't a normal Tord we all know and love. This is his 19-year-old self who only tried to be nice to his frenemy. He wasn't mentally strong or prepared for this mess like 27-year-old Tord was. So when in Tords eyes tears appeared he wasn't that surprised but guess who was...

"omg no- nononono fuck. Kid don't cry! I didn't - i"