you propose (requested)

"Are you enjoying yourself?" You asked Dianna, reaching across the table to take her hand into yours as she placed her fork down on her empty plate.

Her eyes were sparkling, her smile bright as she gave your hand a squeeze. She couldn't help but frown when she noticed it was shaking a little.

"Yeah. It's been a wonderful night."

"Well, it is our second anniversary and I wanted to make it special. You treat me like a princess every single day and I wanted to do the same for you."

"I'm so lucky." She smiled and brought your hand to her lips for a kiss. "Are you feeling okay, though? Because your hand is shaking a lot."

You nodded as she sat there in front of you, looking too beautiful for words yet a little confused over why you seemed to be a little nervous.

She was completely unaware of what you hoped the night would lead to, which is how you wanted it to stay. You didn't want her to find out about the proposal you have planned, because it'd ruin the entire thing.

But you wondered if you were going to be burst both from the excitement and nerves you felt about getting down on one knee any minute now.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about how much I love you and how much you've changed my life. How much better you make it and me. How you're my sunshine, even on my worst days. You just make me happy; happier than I ever imagined I could be. I just don't know how I got so lucky to have you."

"Oh, baby," she chuckled and you noticed the tears in her eyes. "You make me so happy, too."

You went to speak again when the waiter came back around, bending down to speak quietly in your ear so Dianna couldn't hear. She frowned a little but didn't let her mind drift away from her.

"What's going on?" She wondered and you forced a smile, disguising your nerves.

"I, uh, have a special dessert planned for you."

"Really?" She chuckled, eyebrows furrowed. "What is it?"

You didn't say another word. Because just a second later, the waiter was bringing a dessert you got just for her and placed it on the table.

"Oh, thanks," she chuckled nervously, sensing that you were up to something, but she couldn't put her finger on what it could possibly be.

She stared down at the plate, looking over the delicious snack. Her tongue swiped along her lip as her mouth watered.

But then, she saw something written on the plate in a delicious topping.

"What's it say?" You asked, pretending to be curious about what was written on it when, in reality, you were pulling the ring out from your pocket and getting down onto one knee on the floor.

"Dianna, will you marry me?"

She gasped as soon as the words left her lips and it sank in. She slowly turned her head and tears welled up in her eyes when she saw you.

"Oh, y/n," she smiled through her tears.

"I really do love you, Dianna. More than words will ever be able to say. I'm so happy that we've celebrated two years together but... I want to spend all the years to come right by your side. Will you marry me?"

People were looking your way now and although she could feel their eyes on both of you, all she saw was you.

"Yes!" She grinned. "Yes, of course I will!"

She threw her arms around you. Her tears fell to your neck as she buried her face there. You rubbed her back, laughing through your tears of joy as people cheered around you.

You pulled away and put the ring on her finger. She stared at it in awe before looking at you with starry eyes.

"It's beautiful."

"Like you, my beautiful fiancee." You whispered and kissed her softly before she clung to you, looking forward to your bright future ahead.