Chapter 1

Michael's P.O.V. 

"Who the hell is pounding on my door at three in the morning?" I grumble to myself as I get up to answer the door. As I open it, my best friend Luke falls face first onto my living room floor. 

"MICHAEL YOU'VE GOT TO COME WITH ME!!" he shouts while he’s scrambling to get up. Once he’s back on his feet, he grabs my arm and drags me out the door. 

"Can I at least-"

"NO!! Run!! I've got to show you something." he shrieks as he begins to run, which means I have to run too...damn it. Why me? I could be at home cuddled up in my-

"Okay we're here," he says, cutting off my thought. We stop running and I look up to see that we’re standing in front of his house.

"You dragged me all the way over here to show me your house?" I ask in an annoyed tone. 

"No!" he exclaims, whacking the back of my head. "We have to be very quiet because my family is asleep. You have to promise not to tell anyone about what I'm about to show you or turn me in."

"Turn you in...oh god, what did you do Luke?"

"Just come on!!" he whisper-yells before walking inside, tiptoeing to be careful not to wake anyone up. 

The floor creaks as I step inside and Luke’s head whips around. He puts a finger under my chin, lifting my eyes to meet his and whispers, “Shush child!!” I continue following him and he leads me to his bathroom. He cracks it open, peeks in, and then turns to me with an excited grin plastered on his face.

"You ready Mikey?"

"Yes..." I reply, but at this point it sounds more like a question. I'm really not sure if I want to see whatever it is he’s about to show me.

I brace myself as he quietly swings the door open. When it’s open he grabs my hand and leads me to the bathtub. As I get closer, I see a baby penguin sitting in some ice water in his bathtub. 

It's a surprise my eyes haven’t fallen out of my head from shock at this point. "Why the hell is there a penguin in your bathtub??" I loud-whisper, almost losing control of my volume and shouting.

Luke turns to me with a wild look in his eyes, grins, and whispers, "I stole it.”