Gilbert passed by Matthew's room, he didn't plan to stand there or talk to him, he just felt like he should check if he was alright.

When he was passing, something caught his eye. The lights were turned off in Matthew's room but it was the middle of the day so a lot of light was coming through the window. He could tell Matt was crying, he was holding something that looked to him like a hockey jersey... He could clearly see the number '3' printed on the back as well as the last name 'Williams'...

Was it Matthew's jersey? Did that mean that Gilbert was right that his roommate wasn't blind all of his life? Why did no one tell Gilbert about the fact that Matt used to play hockey?

Gilbert quickly decided to move out of the door, he didn't want Matt to find out that he was looking at him. He didn't want to talk to him about it either.

He quickly walked over to the kitchen and took an energy drink out of the fridge.

He wanted to get his thought off of what he just saw, he didn't want to care but he was just too curious.

In the end, he went back to his room, trying not to look into Matthew's room again.

Gilbert lay in his bed again, energy drink in hand. But curiosity was eating him up so he took his phone and typed in the phrase "Matthew Williams hockey"

To his surprise, the simple phrase yielded thousands of results. Videos, interviews, articles...

The first video he stumbled upon was titled "World Hockey Championships 2016 Final: Canada vs Finland"

He clicked on it, making sure to have headphones on, he didn't want Matthew to find out that what he was watching.

The match started, of course, Gilbert wasn't planning on watching the whole 2 hours of it, hockey didn't really interest him. The video started with both teams standing in the middle of the ice rink, taking their helmets off and preparing to sing the national anthems of both countries.

First, the Finnish anthem played, and the camera moved along the row of players, showing all of them one by one.

And then the Canadian anthem played and very quickly Gilbert spotted Matthew in the line of players. He was shocked, Matt must have been 17 at the time but he was standing there, playing for the Canadian national team in a world final... He looked so confident, so happy, so proud... The German could not believe that this player and his new roommate were the same person.

Then the game started, it was hard to distinguish all of the players because they all wore helmets and protective gear, but Gilbert knew that most probably Matthew would be wearing the same jersey that he saw only a few minutes ago when he looked into the Canadian's room. And he was, the player with the number '3' was present on the ice rink since the first minutes of the game, playing rather aggressively, skating quickly toward the opponent's goal.

Not before long, the Finnish players lost the puck, the Canadians managed to intercept it, and the player with the number '3' quickly skated with the puck toward the Finnish goal, hitting it hard at the goalkeeper, scoaring a goal. The people in the stadium went crazy, chanting his name.

And they really were chanting "Williams" over and over.

The player took off his helmet, throwing it in the air, shouting with joy as other players threw themselves on him.

The German looked at all of this in pure amusement, he was still shocked about his findings. Did that mean that Matthew was famous? If he was, then what the hell was he doing here? What happened to him? Why was he blind?

Gilbert jumped forward into the video, it looked like Matthew got into a fight with some Finnish player, throwing him against the bleachers.

The referee sent him off for a two-minute penalty but Matthew didn't seem to be very surprised, he politely went to the bench and sat down. He did however look angry and kept on shouting at the Finnish player even after he already sat down.