*81*

The weekend came:
Can and Sanem prepared that morning the side dishes and started early to smoke the beef so it would be ready for the Family gathering. While Can was watching the soccer game on his outside TV and keeping an eye on the beef, Sanem went to pick up the cake and fresh rolls. Emre and Leyla had arrived first. She put the twins in the portable play yard she brought and went to help Sanem set the table while Emre and Can watched the games. Next walks in Aziz, Mihriban, Mevkibe and Nihat. The women went and grabbed the twins right away. Aziz and Nihat joined Can and Emre. Leyla poured her and Sanem a glass of wine. Sanem had to play this off because she was no longer able to drink. She would sneak it over to Can to drink and he knew to go along with it. He just told the men he felt like drinking wine for a change.

It was finally time to eat. Nihat was all excited about the meal he held his plate up for Can to placed the meat on it as he carved it. Mevkibe just had to let him enjoy the meal for once since she had him on a strict diet. The meal was finished off and the mess was cleaned up in no time. In the kitchen Can and Sanem were getting dessert together "How do you want to do this Love" ...... "I can asked Dad to cut it. You know him he loves his sweets" ........ "OK, lets get this over with. I got your back Baby. You know you are going to be surrounded by all of them" They both walk out on the patio and Nihat's eyes lit up seeing the cake. Sanem was carrying the small plates and forks. Can had the cake. He placed it right in front of Nihat. "Dad, you can cut the cake if you want" He jumped right on it. As he began to cut into it, he felt something hard. "Sanem daughter, there is something in the center if this cake." Can was standing right next to Sanem with his arm across her shoulder waiting for the big reveal. "See what it is Dad." He took the knife and lifted up a round shaped plastic container. "What the hell is this" ....... "I don't know. Sanem, did they give you the wrong cake. Looks like something maybe in it. Open it Baba Nihat" Can said. Mevkibe grabs it out of Nihat's hand. "I'll open it" All eyes were on the box as Mevkibe opens it. She pulls out three yellow baby rattles. Looks up at Can and Sanem seeing the both of them with big smiles on their faces. "Are you?" she says "Yes, I am 2 month but, before you come and attack us with lots of hugs and kisses you need to know something. Those three rattles represent one for each child I am carrying." .........."You are having triples" Mihriban yells out. Both Can and Sanem nod yes. Before you knew it all of them were out of their seats heading over to smother Can and Sanem with kisses and hugs. Many happy tears were shed and than they sat down to feast on the cake washing it down with milk. They toasted with that glass of milk since Sanem was not able to drink. She told Leyla that Can was drinking the glasses of wine she had poured for her and he was playing along with it. Sanem told them everything that the Doctor had said and what she will or maybe have to do further along in her pregnancy. Come to find out she had inherited the blood type for Nihat and his twin brother. He told her not to worry that it will be fine and he even beats that they babies get the Rh negative blood also. The night ended with much excitement and everyone left after they offered to clean up the rest of the mess. Can and Sanem were so exhausted and went to bed holding each other in there arms as they feel asleep.